[CLOSED] Animating a GridPanel

[CLOSED] Animating a GridPanel

Hi,

I have been trying to animate a grid panel like this example, without success.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for achieving this?

Thanks

Chris
    Last edited by Daniil; Jan 12, 2016 at 3:39 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hello Chris!

The animations on the example you linked are at the sprite level only. A grid panel is far beyond that, it is a full-fledged web component, with html code inside and all.

For example, if you want to animate rows and columns (like expanding or moving), this is not the base to use in implementing animation. If you want to just add animated highlights and flashes to cells/rows/columns, this example may help, for example, if you carefully position a DrawContainer above the target, play the animation and hide it back.

If you can be more specific on which animations you want to have with your grid panel, maybe we can help further.
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hi Fabrico,

Thanks very much for the reply.

There doesn't appear to be a hyperlink for the example you have recommended?

I really want to move the whole grid panel as opposed to animate the content of the grid panel. So in the example i provided a hyperlinke for, ideally i would like the grid panel to be within the objects that are moving.

Has that made it a little clearer?

Cheers

Chris
    Ah, got it!..

This is how you can animate a whole grid panel; suppose you set a grid's ID as GridPanel1:
    App.GridPanel1.animate({ to: { x: 100, y:200 }})
    I hope this helps!

EDIT: This is the equivalent from code behind:
            var animCfg = new AnimConfig();
            animCfg.To.Add(new Ext.Net.Parameter() { Name="x", Value="100" });
            animCfg.To.Add(new Ext.Net.Parameter() { Name="y", Value="100" });
            GridPanel1.DoAnimation(animCfg);
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Jan 06, 2016 at 5:05 PM.
    Fabrício Murta
    Thanks Fabrico, that looks like it matches my requirements, i will implement it and let you know the outcome!

Thanks again!

Chris
    Okay, keep us posted.

I will leave the thread open for a while, should you return your result within 5~10 days.
    Fabrício Murta
    I am marking the thread as [CLOSED]. Anyways, please feel free to post any related follow-ups.