In relation to my other thread about using (View-)Controllers for handling events in the views in a more structured approach I have a similar question related to stores.

We're using Ext.Net MVC and mostly define stores in the view. This works fine except that it seems impossible to re-use already defined stores. I have two views that use the exact same Store definition. The order in which these views are used is random so it is impossible to know whether or not a store definition has already been loaded and then reference it from the StoreManager (which I can't seem to find in the documentation) and there are cases where both stores are present on the same page. This gives a strange user experience: First, you unfold the first combo which does a server roundtrip and loads the contents and when you then select the second combobox it too will show a wait mask while retrieving the second set of results. This seems really unnecessary and silly and has already resulted in me being asked why that's happening.

I like how Ext.Net gives me the ability to directly map my .NET DTOs into ExtJs objects and I'd love to harnass that feature in such a way that I can define stores and load them during application start. In ExtJs I'd use the stores array in the Application class for this. In MVC there's the App() builder which has a Stores() method accepting a collection of AbstractStore objects or the StoreNames() method accepting an array of strings.

The first option appears only to be usable if I define ALL my stores in the same page as my call to the App() builder (which makes it an unmanageable heap of code). The second option seems only usable if I define my stores in Javascript, something I'd rather avoid since then I'd also have to define my models in Javascript.

Is there a way to have my cake and eat it too (ie, pre-load all my stores while still writing them in razor syntax)?