[CLOSED] Issue upgrading to 3.2.1

[CLOSED] Issue upgrading to 3.2.1

Hi

I have a number of projects, some of which have had a revised Ext.NET.dll applied to incorporate fixes from SVN, others have not. For those which have not had changes to Ext.NET.dll NuGet worked pretty well to install 3.2.1. For those with a changed Ext.NET.dll it didn't work. Although it said it had installed 3.2.1 in fact it hadn't. I had to add it manually which led to all sorts of conflicts with other dlls, NewtonSoft etc.

I've managed to sort it out now but I thought you should be aware. Maybe I've been doing something wrong.

Regards

Jeff
    Last edited by Daniil; Sep 19, 2015 at 7:44 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi @Argenta,

Thank you for reporting!

Do I understand correctly that the problem has occurred with the projects where you referred Ext.Net.dll manually (i.e. without NuGet) and then tried to install Ext.NET via NuGet? Well, I remember such issues and personally I concluded that these two approaches shouldn't be mixed. If you refer a dll manually, it supposes not installing the same via NuGet. And otherwise. In else case, issues are possible.
    Hi Danill

Yes, you understand correctly. Some of the projects required a fix which you provided in the Trunk (I'm not sure if this is the right term!). I downloaded this fix, compiled the solution and replaced Ext.NET.dll with the new version.

Presumably it's not possible to do this with NuGet? So you are saying once you have made a manual update you won't be able to use NuGet again. The issue with 3.2.1 was that it references new versions of several other dlls.

Thanks

Jeff
    Presumably it's not possible to do this with NuGet?
    Correct. All the fixes go to NuGet with a release only. Unfortunately, we don't have something like nightly NuGet builds so far.

So, before a release you could re-target the project to SVN trunk build. Or always have it targeted to SVN trunk as, actually, quite many of our users prefer. Especially, those who reports bugs:)

Alternative approach could be targeting NuGet still and apply JavaScript overrides manually including them on the page. Usually, people have an overrides.js file which is added on any Ext.NET page. And all the JavaScript fixes go into this file. Though, this approach is only for JavaScript fixes. Obviously, it is not going to work for fixes in C# code.