[CLOSED] Unhandled exception In Ext.net 3.2.1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CLOSED] Unhandled exception In Ext.net 3.2.1

We are getting the following exception on our production servers that just got updated to 3.2.1:

An unhandled exception occurred at http://ourpublicserver/extnet/extnet-init-js/ext.axd?5ce684afe042482ca9341366109f2241 
    Summary
    ------
    Application = /
    Page = /extnet/extnet-init-js/ext.axdRequest 
    Method = GET
    User = (not authenticated)
    Error = The Ext.NET initialization script was not found. 

Exception
    ---------
    Exception Type = Ext.Net.InitializationScriptNotFoundException
    Message = The Ext.NET initialization script was not found.
    Stack Trace =   at Ext.Net.ResourceHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)   at 
    System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()   at 
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) 

Application Variables
    ---------------------
    Ext.Net.HasHandler = True
    Ext.Net.CacheBuster = 19950 

Session Variables
    -----------------
    There are no Session Variables 

Query String Variables
    ---------------------- 
    = 5ce684afe042482ca9341366109f2241 

Form Variables
    --------------
    There are no Form Variables 

Cookies
    -------
    There are no Cookies 

Request Headers
    ---------------
    Accept: */*
    User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1
    when using a version I pulled and compiled locally we get this:

Exception
    ---------
    Exception Type = Ext.Net.InitializationScriptNotFoundException
    Message = The Ext.NET initialization script was not found.
    Stack Trace =
    at Ext.Net.ResourceHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Users\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\Ext.net\premium\Ext.Net\Core\ResourceHandler.cs:line 219
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
    Any idea what is going on?
    Last edited by Daniil; Sep 11, 2015 at 12:29 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hello @tnwheeler!

You mean you had it working on 3.2.0 and barely updated to 3.2.1 and it broke?.. Can you double-check whether web.config wasn't overriden/reset in the process?

The error you are reporting seems to be the reflect to some misconfig in web.config. Unlikely if you are just migrating from Ext.NET 3.2.0 to 3.2.1, but worth a look. I'll relay your message to the rest of the team so we can have more heads thinking on the problem.

Have you also tried reverting back to v3.2.0 just to ensure the problem was the DLL update? Perhaps you have to point/refresh IIS bindings also upon updating the DLLs.

I'll research more about this problem and hope to come back with more useful information soon.
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    No we were on 2.5 and just finished an upgrade to 3.x. We never saw the error on our development server but it is constant on our production servera with an identical configuration. It is the same error message every time but the query string is different and it is always seems to be a first hit on the site (to the login page).
    Well, I could find recent samples of this problem.

We already have a GitHub issue logged. It is issue #734.

The recent discussion is here: The Ext.NET initialization script was not found

In short, setting the extnet tag in your web.config to have initScriptMode="Inline" will probably help you.

Please let us know if this does not fix your issue.
    Fabrício Murta
    No we were on 2.5 and just finished an upgrade to 3.x.
    Oh, so that most likely is the problem. Ext.NET v2 had 'inline' by default, while v3 has 'linked' by default. I believe there's more settings to be done in order to have initScriptMode 'linked' working, but 'inline' might put you working well.

Please double check thoroughly your web.config, global.asax.cs against your server and the copy that works on your IDE. There will probably be overlooked changes needed to have v3 working smoothly. On IIS there are some settings that, unfortunately, might be done manually while migrating between major versions of Ext.NET.
    Fabrício Murta
    I will give it a shot, it's late here and I am heading home tonight but Thank-you!
    Well i can tell you my web.configs are identical since we run in a duplicate environment. Our development is done against an identical IIS server as production .
    I believe you use IIS on production environment and IIS Express on development environment. Right? Recycling application pools and website (at IIS level) might also help.

Setting the initScriptMode="Inline" (case sensitive!) will most likely solve the issue.

I can run right now in IIS Express with both "Inline" or "Linked" but it is possible that this issue is only reproducible on a full-fledged IIS version. On the other threads people detailed as much as possible of the problem and we were unable to reproduce it at our side, even on our production examples explorer (which currently runs in Linked mode).

Just for you to understand if you don't know what this option does, while Linked mode is enabled, the ExtJS version of your Ext.NET code is dumped to a resource handler which is included on the website with something like this:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/extnet/extnet-init-js/ext.axd?c6175ad959404463bdc2783f488817a4"></script>
    When you have it in Inline mode, you just get a <script> tag with the ExtJS code dumped in the HTML document itself.

So the problem is that the web server is not registering (for some reason) the ext.axd with the custom hash, although other resources are working.

Example: ImageButton Control Variations. Open the page and then view the <head> section of the page in browser's DOM explorer in the debugging tools.

I sincerely hope this information helps your sort out the issue on the server.
    Fabrício Murta
    Another bit of information.

Per the log you shared, there are no session cookies
    Cookies
    -------
    There are no Cookies
    And per Vladimir speech a couple years back, this could be the issue when using with Linked init script mode.
    Well, if the linked init script is requested without session cookie then such error will be thrown because init script for a page is stored in the session for Linked mode
    from: InitScriptMode.Linked causing exception regularly on production.

Sorry if these are just guesses, this issue appears to a very limited amount of customers and we never could reproduce it not in development nor production environments.
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Sep 04, 2015 at 3:50 AM.
    Fabrício Murta
    @fabricio.murta

I did have
    initScriptMode="Linked"
    set but we are running IIS (full) on both dev and production. The one difference is that production is behind a load balancer.

I have converted to
    initScriptMode="Inline"
    so we will see the effect tomorrow.

Thank you for your quick response and the insight you gave.

Regards,
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast