[CLOSED] Html5/css3?

[CLOSED] Html5/css3?

I'm sorry for asking stupid questions, but our client asks for a HTM5/CSS3 compatible solution (or maybe it is better to say that comforts this standard). When we are doing standard ASP.NET MVC application (using Visual Studio 2013) using Ext.NET 2.5.3, how far (near) are we from that? What we have to do, to label our product as HTML5/CSS3 compatible and still to use Ext.NET, as we don't want to change it :)
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Sep 03, 2015 at 7:40 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    This is a tough one to answer. Can you explain what HTML5/CSS3 compatible means to you?

HTML5 is not a standard. It's more a certain level of support provided by the browser manufacturers.

At a basic level, HTML5 support to me means using the <!DOCTYPE html> on your page, which is the recommended DOCTYPE for Ext.NET projects. So yes, Ext.NET is HTML5 compatible.

The CSS3 specification is similar. It's more a certain level support provided by the browser manufacturers, and not something directly dependent on Ext.NET. When a browser support CSS3 rendering options, then CSS3 is used in Ext.NET, if it's the best spec to use in that scenario. If the CSS3 features are not available by the browser, then they are not used.

If you can provide specific requirements for HTML5|CSS3 support, I should be able to address those individually, although based on my understanding of HTML5|CSS... yes, Ext.NET is HTML5 and CSS3 compatible.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Thank you Geoffrey
    I saw now that _BaseLayout.cshtml includes <!DOCTYPE html>. That's cool :). I hope that this will be sufficient. For now I don't have any further questions to this.