[CLOSED] Ext.NET window stops popping up after 30 seconds

[CLOSED] Ext.NET window stops popping up after 30 seconds

Hi, I just upgraded a project from Ext.NET 2.5.2 framework 4.5 to version 3.2 and framework 4.5.1. Now, when you click on an image command icon on the grid panel to pop up a window, built in a user control, it stops working after 30 seconds. The window pops up fine for the first 30 seconds and the it stops showing up after that. Do you have an ideas at all of why this might be happening?

<ext:Panel runat="server" ID="PnlReviewApp" Border="false">
        <Items>
        <ext:GridPanel 
                ID="FellowshipGrid"
                runat="server" 
                StoreID="storeGrid"
                Width="860"
                Height="535" 
                Icon="BookOpenMark"
                Title="Humanities Fellowship Applications" 
                Layout="FitLayout"
                ButtonAlign="Center">

<%-- Top Bar for the Grid --%>
                <TopBar>
                    <ext:Toolbar ID="Toolbar1" runat="server">
                        <Items>
                            <ext:ToolbarFill runat="server" ID="ToolBarFill1" />

<%--Allows SuperAdmin to control app open & close time frame.  Click OnEvents calls the code-behind --%>                        
                            <ext:Button ID="BtnAppTimeFrame" runat="server" Text="Open/Close Application" Icon="BellSilver" Hidden="true">
                                <DirectEvents>
                                    <Click OnEvent="ChangeAppTimeFrame_Click" />
                                </DirectEvents>   
                            </ext:Button>
                        </Items>
                    </ext:Toolbar>
                </TopBar>
                <%-- End of Top Bar --%>

<%-- Columns for the Grid --%>
                <ColumnModel ID="ColumnModel1" runat="server">                
                    <Columns>
                        <ext:Column runat="server" ID="acadYearDescr"  Text="Academic Year" DataIndex="acadYearDescr" Width="60" />
                        <ext:Column runat="server" Text="Test" Hidden="true" Width="1" />
                        <ext:Column runat="server" Text="Date" Groupable="false" Sortable="true" DataIndex="formatted_submitted_date" Width="110" />
                        <ext:Column runat="server" Text="Applicant" DataIndex="submittedby_Name" Sortable="true" Groupable="true" Hideable="true" Width="115" />
                        <ext:Column runat="server" Text="Email" DataIndex="email" Sortable="true" Groupable="false" Hideable="true" Width="125" />
                        <ext:Column runat="server" Text="Phone" DataIndex="office_phone" Sortable="true" Groupable="false" Hideable="true" Width="80" /> 
                        <ext:Column runat="server" Text="Project Title" DataIndex="project_title" Sortable="true" Groupable="false" Hideable="true" Width="152" />
                        <ext:ImageCommandColumn runat="server" Width="50" >
                            <Commands>
                                <ext:ImageCommand Icon="ReportMagnify" CommandName="Review" Style="padding: 0px 20px 0px 10px" >
                                    <ToolTip Text="Review Application" />
                                </ext:ImageCommand>
                                 <ext:ImageCommand Icon="PageWhiteCompressed" CommandName="Download" >
                                    <ToolTip Text="Download Application Files" />
                                </ext:ImageCommand>
                            </Commands>
                            <DirectEvents>
                                <Command OnEvent="ReviewAppDetails" IsUpload="true" >
                                    <EventMask ShowMask="true" Target="CustomTarget" CustomTarget="{#{FellowshipGrid}.body};" />
                                    <ExtraParams>
                                        <ext:Parameter Name="command" Value="command" Mode="Raw"/>
                                        <ext:Parameter Name="SelectAcadYear" Value="record.data.acadYear" Mode="Raw" />
                                        <ext:Parameter Name="SelectApplicantID" Value="record.data.submitted_by" Mode="Raw"/>
                                        <ext:Parameter Name="SelectfellowshipID" Value="record.data.fellowshipID" Mode="Raw"/>
                                    </ExtraParams>
                                </Command>
                            </DirectEvents>
                        </ext:ImageCommandColumn>
                        <ext:CheckColumn runat="server" ID="ChkAnonymous" Text="Anon?" Width="45" DataIndex="is_anonymous" Editable="true" >
                            <Listeners>
                                <CheckChange Handler="{CompanyX.isEligibleChecked(record.data.fellowshipID, item.dataIndex, checked);}" />
                            </Listeners>
                        </ext:CheckColumn>
                        <ext:CheckColumn runat="server" ID="ChkEligible" Text="Eligible?" Width="50" DataIndex="is_eligible" Editable="true" >
                            <Listeners>
                                <CheckChange Handler="{CompanyX.isEligibleChecked(record.data.fellowshipID, item.dataIndex, checked);}" />
                            </Listeners>
                        </ext:CheckColumn>            
                        <ext:Column runat="server" Text="Status" Sortable="true" Groupable="true"  DataIndex="status" Hideable="true" Width="90" />
                    </Columns>
                </ColumnModel>     

<%-- Grouping Options --%>
                <View>
                    <ext:GridView ID="gvHum" runat="server" />
                </View>
                <Features>
                    <ext:Grouping
                        EnableGroupingMenu="true" 
                        EnableNoGroups="true" 
                        ID="GroupingView1"   
                        runat="server" 
                        HideGroupedHeader="true" 
                        StartCollapsed="true" 
                        GroupHeaderTplString = '{text} {name} ({[values.rows.length]} {[values.rows.length > 1 ? "Applications" : "Application"]})' />        
                </Features>

<%-- Bottom Bar for paging --%>
                <BottomBar>
                    <ext:pagingtoolbar 
                        ID="PagingToolbar1" 
                        runat="server" 
                        DisplayInfo="true"
                        DisplayMsg="Displaying Application {0} - {1} of {2}"
                        EmptyMsg="No Applications to Display"
                        StoreID="storeGrid" />
                </BottomBar>        
        </ext:GridPanel>
    Last edited by Daniil; Sep 01, 2015 at 11:43 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    If you watch the page with Firebug, is there a JavaScript error thrown at that point in time?
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    I'm getting "TypeError: a.inputEl.dom is null". Do you have any ideas as to why?

Here's a screenshot:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JavascriptError.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	24160
    Hello,

Please set ScriptMode="Debug" for ResourceManager. Then a non-minified JavaScript will be used and it will make the code better to read.

What is the JavaScript method the error is thrown in?

Does it happen after a DirectEvent, right? What is that DirectEvent's response?

30 seconds
    It might be somehow related to a DirectEvent's timeout which is 30 seconds by default. Though, I don't quite have any certain ideas on how exactly it might be related.

I think the discussion might lead to a lot of back-and-forth messages, but you won't be getting a solution. I think the best would be providing us with a test case to reproduce the problem and most likely we will be able to determine the problem. Once we find out the problem, there is a very good chance to provide you with a solution.
    Okay, Daniil. Thank you for the lead. I ran through the Javascript debugger after your suggestion of adding ScriptMode="Debug".

I determined that this code was causing the error on the backend:

if (reviewFellowship.applyLeave)
    {
           dfApplyLeave.Html = "I am";
           dfApplyLeave.Cls = "label-green";
    }
    else
    {
          dfApplyLeave.Html = "I am not";
          dfApplyLeave.Cls = "label-red";
    }
    I was using this to set the css and fill the value of a displayfield, dfApplyLeave. Once I changed it from a displayfield to a label, it worked fine. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot!
    Great to hear you were able to resolve.

Meanwhile, I could not reproduce the issue with setting a DisplayField's Html property. Though, anyways it is better to use a DisplayField's Text property instead. And yes, switching to a Label is a solution as well.