[CLOSED] Buffered Grid View Scrolling

[CLOSED] Buffered Grid View Scrolling

Hi,

I have a buffered grid panel that has a limit of 500 records per page. If the grid contains 500 rows and I click my "Add" button which adds a new row to the grid using:
    function bulkUpdateDataAddNew()
    {
        var lpIndex = strData.data.length;      //Get max index

strData.insertRecord(lpIndex, { id:Ext.id(null, "New-"), RowStatus: "1" });    //Add new record to store
        var opRecord = strData.getAt(lpIndex);    //get record added above
        opRecord.RowStatus = "1";
        opRecord.set("EntityID", "New");
        opRecord.commit();
        opRecord.firstEdit = true;
        opRecord.newRecord = true;

grdData.getView().focusRow(lpIndex);

grdData.startEditing(lpIndex, 3);       //start column editing at index position 3 as the first 3 columns are read-only (Row Number, Delete, ID)
    }
    This adds a new row but when the first cell becomes editable the control is displayed two rows below the new row. Please see attached picture for an example of what I mean. Is there a way that I can prevent this from happening?

If I remove the line "grdData.startEditing(lpIndex, 3);" the scrolling works OK but I need this functionality!

Thanks
    Beth

RE: [CLOSED] Buffered Grid View Scrolling

Hi,

As mention in the example the BufferView is "completely experimental and only a subset of standard grid features are available"

I can't reproduce your issue. Can you create test sample and post it? Try to update from SVN first

Hi,

It seems to be a specific problem in my page as I copied the buffered example into my site and added the same functionality and it worked fine. I'm going to look into the problem some more.

Thanks
    Beth

Hi,

I found the issue - I needed to set the RowHeight attribute on the BufferView to stop the issue.

<ext:BufferView ID="bvwData" runat="server" ScrollDelay="0" RowHeight="23" />