[CLOSED] Moving from ext.net 1.3 to 2.5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CLOSED] Moving from ext.net 1.3 to 2.5

Hi Guys

I am not sure if i this is allowed. If I am in breach I apologies and will remove.

Does any one offer the service of converting EXT.NET 1.x to 2.x using VB.NET VS2010. I am really dreading this task. But i really need to move to 2.5 now to take advantage of its features.

The application is the web portion of a larger desktop student and data management solution that i intend to fully move to EXT.NET. The current Web component is getting big using EXT.NET 1.3.

If any one is up to the task please email me at garyawalker@gmail.com
    Hello @garyawalker,

The Ext.NET team doesn't provide such service. But we would assist you dealing with specific issues via forum threads. Though, it is not really a service that you are looking for.

Posting such questions on the forums are definitely allowed, but I would move to the Jobs forum if you don't mind. I think there is a chance you could hire somebody.

Also a note. Why v2.5? I would recommend to migrate directly to v3. The amount of efforts will be the same (or even less), but v3 is more featured (for example, with tablet support which you will need eventually if you don't need already).
    Hi Gary, let me know if you need assistance to upgrade to version 2.5 or 3.x (i agree with daniil, it would be better to migrate to version 3.x). I have extensive experience in Ext.NET migration and it would be nice to help you to achieve it.

My former profile: http://forums.ext.net/member.php?5362
    Last edited by RaphaelSaldanha; Jul 20, 2015 at 4:07 PM.
    @Daniil

Thanks for advice. Will definitely move in that direction. Does my 2.5 License work for v3.x?

@RaphaelSaldanha

Yes. I would love the assistance. how can we get started.
    Last edited by garyawalker; Jul 21, 2015 at 2:35 AM.
    Does my 2.5 License work for v3.x?
    Please clarify when did you buy the license?
    Yes. I would love the assistance. how can we get started.
    Please contact me via raphaelsaldanha@gmail.com, so we can discuss that in detail.
    @Daniil. I bought the 2.5 License Dec 31, 2014

Availability...

I too am available if you would like to hire me for contract. I have done a large project translation from 1.2 to 2.4 so I am aware of many of the challenges and gotchas. And I agree with Daniil, that if it makes sense with the licensing, 3.0 has some really great features but the license-minimum changes may make that impractical depending on the scope and scale of your project.

Contact me at michaeld@vipmail.com to discuss further. I am located in California.
    @Daniil. I bought the 2.5 License Dec 31, 2014
    I believe you are okay to use 3.x.

At the bottom of this post you can see this information:

If you are evaluating Ext.NET and plan to purchase prior to 2014-12-31:

1. You can purchase Ext.NET 3.x Single Developer licenses directly from the Store
    2. Your Ext.NET 3.x license key never expires
    3. You are entitled to all Ext.NET 3.x future upgrades, including 3.1, 3.2, 3.x, etc.
    4. Premium Support renewal options and future renewal fees remain the same
    @garyawalker - Just to confirm, you have an Ext.NET 3 License Key. My suggestion as well would be to upgrade directly from 1.x to 3.x.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast