[OPEN] [#840] Calendar scroll problems with touch screen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Unfortunately, we were not able to find a solution so far. We'll try again on next week.
    Hi,
    Just an update on this thread.

Since a recent update in the svn i get a javascript error when dragging an event over another event.

The javascript error is in the getAnchor - unable to get property dom of undefined. The event does not get dropped and the drag info stays visible.

This error is in the section "Ext.overrides.util.Positionable"

And just for extra information on the original scrolling problem before svn update issue.

Internet Explorer - Not possible to touch drag events but possible to touch scroll calendar panel.
    Firefox - Same as IE. Can't touch drag events but can touch scroll calendar panel
    Google Chrome - Can touch drag events but cannot touch scroll calendar panel

As before i think the ideal outcome is when touch dragging if it is an event then event should be dragged (This works very nice for draggint events by touch in Chrome). If not an event (calendar panel body) then should touch scroll calendar panel (like IE and Firefox) intead of selcting a time range to add an event.

These differences in the browsers make it difficult to design a consistent experience.

Let me know if you need any more info on this.
    Hello, @Fergus!

Would you mind opening another thread about the issue of drag-and-dropping that appeared on recent revisions of Ext.NET?

It would likely be essential to provide us a working example of the broken drag-and-drop interface. A simple icon-to-container dropping sample should suffice.

We've revently fixed a couple examples that used drag-and-drop and this most likely is related to your issue so, we'd better discuss that on a separate thread.
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    I've read thru the posts and feel like sharing some ideas.

Well, maybe this helps a little... While debugging clicks I noticed sometimes Ext.event.Event.getTaget() has this.event as mousedown and in other situations/components (for accordion layout for example) its this.event value is touchstart. The debugging was done on touch-unaware devices (desktop and laptop without touch screen).

Just add a conditional breakpoint on that JavaScript method so it breaks once one of the values above happen on an event.
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Confirm, events drag&drop is inconsistent across browsers and there is still a problem with scrolling. Unfortunately, we are not able to solve these problems so far.
    Hi, we would like an update on this issue; I understand that fixing the touch-scrolling is not an easy task but currently we're not able to provide a solution to our customers and they are complaining the application is not mobile friendly on the calendar control.

We also investigated with Extensible to understand whether they support ExtJS 5.x, but they say:

"The plan is to support both Ext 5 and 6. It's currently in progress, but not sure yet when it will be released. However I'm not sure about compatibility with Ext.NET as I don't use that framework."

As a workaround we added two buttons "up" and "down" to scroll the calendar using a toolbar, but we need to provide solution since it's a big issue for us right now.

Please note that Ext.Net 2.x was NOT having this issue on mobile devices, so it's an issue somehow introduced with the new release.

We hope you can help.

Thank you.
    Cheers
    Hello @adrianot,

Can you provide a link to your Extensible support request that you mentioned in your last post?
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Hi Daniil, actually I sent an Email to them, here you go:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EXTENSIBLE_MAIL.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	24563
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12