[CLOSED] Ext.NET 2.5.4?

[CLOSED] Ext.NET 2.5.4?

When will be release date of Ext.NET 2.5.4?
    How to upgrade project from Ext.NET 2.5.2 to 2.5.4?
    Last edited by Daniil; Apr 28, 2015 at 9:29 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hello,

The current v2.x source code is available at http://svn.ext.net/premium/branches/2/.

The 2.x branch will be maintained and support for a long time (1.x is still supported), but there will be no further public releases. We will be removing the 2.x download option from http://ext.net/download/ right away.

Moving from 2.5.2 to 2.5.3 (or /branches/2) should be a drop in replacement. Please check the BREAKING_CHANGES.txt document for any breaking changes that might affect your application:

https://examples2.ext.net/#/Getting_...AKING_CHANGES/

Hope this helps answer your questions.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Hello Geoffrey
    When I click on http://svn.ext.net/premium/branches/2/ I am presented with login dialog

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	login.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	23930

and it does not work with my user name and password from forum. Also I don't quite understand what I will do with source. At the end could you explain me what would be drop in replacement (which files, I should replace)?

I am sorry I'm not only quite new in Ext.NET, but web development is not my expert area.
    and it does not work with my user name and password from forum
    SVN credentials are different from the forum ones. They should be emailed to you when you bought a Premium Support Subscription. Please check your email inbox (at object.net or, maybe, at ext.net). If you cannot find, please email a request to support@object.net including your forum name and we'll send the SVN credentials.

Also I don't quite understand what I will do with source.
    I am using TortoiseSVN to deal with the SVN sources.

You should:

1. Checkout (download) the sources

2. Open Ext.Net.vs2012.sln (or another according to Visual Studio version that you are using)

3. Build the solution.

4. Grab the Ext.NET dlls from the bin folder.

At the end could you explain me what would be drop in replacement (which files, I should replace)?
    Geoffrey meant that it should be very easy to migrate from 2.5.2 to the latest. Actually, I don't see any breaking changes between 2.5.2 and the latest. Ideally, you should just update the dlls and that is it.
    Thank you very much. I've just looked at my mails and it seems that I didn't got credentials for SVN. I'll mail support and will post here, if everything passed ok as per your suggestion. I guess it could be good pointer to others :)
    Well, it seems that I successfully upgraded project to latest 2.5.x from source control. Just to confirm with you, I have overwritten ext.net.dll in

...\packages\Ext.NET.2.5.2\lib\net45 and ext.net.utilities.dll in ...\packages\Ext.NET.Utilities.2.4.0\libAfter that correct version of ext.net dlls were copied in bin folder after compiling my project.
    Concerning ext.net I have compiled Release configuration. First I wanted to compile MVC5 NET45 Release (as I am in my project using .NET 4.5 with MVC 5), but this configuration gives 242 errors (although these errors were in examples only). I don't know if I did everything right, please tell me if I was wrong somewhere? Also for what these configuration existing, are they important, or I can do as I did (just to compile plain release)?
    I have overwritten ext.net.dll in ...\packages\Ext.NET.2.5.2\lib\net45 and ext.net.utilities.dll in ...\packages\Ext.NET.Utilities.2.4.0\lib.
    Well, it works, but... in my understanding referencing a library via NuGet and referencing a library just by dll are different approaches. In your case you installed Ext.NET via NuGet, but then replaced a NuGet's dll via a custom dll. To me it looks incorrect. Personally, I would remove the Ext.NET NuGet package, then place a custom Ext.Net.dll to somewhere (for example, to the project's Lib folder) and refer that dll from where.

First I wanted to compile MVC5 NET45 Release (as I am in my project using .NET 4.5 with MVC 5), but this configuration gives 242 errors (although these errors were in examples only).
    Yes, the Examples projects are not supposed to be build with any mode. Those modes are mostly for the Ext.Net project itself.

or I can do as I did (just to compile plain release)
    Yes, that is okay.