[CLOSED] [1.0] MVC sample west menu has no menu items

[CLOSED] [1.0] MVC sample west menu has no menu items

Hello,

I've got Ext.Net 1.0 and Ext.Net.MVC 1.0 (Northwind Traders 1.0). Running the sample, west menu accordion panels has no menu items shown (see attachment) (checked in IE8 and Chrome4). Looks like background in from of menu items - as seen on attachment, a narrow part of first hovered menu item can be seen. The same with migrated MVC 0.8 sample.

Best Regards,

Viktor

RE: [CLOSED] [1.0] MVC sample west menu has no menu items

Hi,

I can't reproduce it. Did you reproduce it in the pure Ext.Net.MVC project?

Try to set FitHeight="false" for MenuPanel

It is just pure Ext.Net.MVC 1.0 with Ext.Net 1.0 both from SVN today. The only change - DB connection strings in Web.config.

Environment: Visual Studio 2008 Professional on Windows Vista Business 32bit, running in Visual Studio Development Server mode (but checked IIS also).

Viktor

Hi,

Did you try FitHeight="false"?

Yes I did. I also have tried to add runat="server" to <Menu>. I'll try on another machine.

The same on another machine with Windows XP Pro and VS 2008 Pro (fresh download of Ext.Net and Ext.Net.MVC).

Hi,

I still can't reproduce it, tried with various browsers. Can you create online example or create separate solution, add your local assemblies, zip it and send to the support@object.net? (just can be a problem with atachement with 'zip' extension therefore rename extension to the '_zip')

Hi,

Thanks for the email. I reproduced it (I don't know why but I used old assemblies when tried top reproduce it early).

The problem that a menu can't render properly inside hidden area (collapsed panel)

Solutions:

1. Remove panels from AccordionLayout and place MenuPanels directly into the AcoordionLayout (I updated MVC project, you can update from SVN and retest MVC project)

2. If you don't want want to remove those panels then you can add the following listener for each panel (in the AccordeonLayout) which contains MenuPanel

<Expand Handler="this.items.get(0).menu.syncSize();" Delay="10" Single="true"/>

I think first variant better

Thank you!

1st solution works great. I have tried similar before posting, just following 1.0 examples I used <ext:Panel ... Layout="Accordion">... instead of <ext:AccordionLayout...> and it didn't work.

Viktor

Hi,

<ext:Panel ... Layout="Accordion"> should works in general cases. Just in MVC project west's menu panels are placed into the user control therefore separate layout control (instead Layout="Accordion") is required