2.5 slower then 1.7?

2.5 slower then 1.7?

Hi
    I have beeen running Ext.net from the 0.7 version (coolite), and upgraded to 1.7, and now I have tried to upgrade one
    project to 2.5. In 1.x the loading time was 1 sec in development, faster on production IIS, but in 2.5 it loaded in 6-7 seconds?
    The site loads up alot of simple html/text in 2 different tabs from a DirectMethod, so its pretty simple, but it shows medium amount of text/html.
    Is the 2.x suppose to be slower? As it is now its unusable in 2.5.

Best regards
    Mikael
    Hello Mikael,

Is the 2.x suppose to be slower?
    It is not supposed to be slower for sure. Moreover, it is faster in many scenarios.

Though, there is a possibility of performance degradation on some scenarios (I don't remember what exactly). Especially, it legacy IE browsers (IE8 or lower). Please clarify what are the browsers you are targeting/testing?
    Hi
    I have now tested it in Chrome, and it loads up i 1 sec, which is good.
    I mainly use IE11 and there it takes 7-8 sec.

/Mikael
    Last edited by Jurke; Apr 01, 2015 at 5:24 PM.
    I have run some more tests and I Think that Ext is not optimize for IE11 when it comes to render "large" amounts of html, or so it seems.
    If I narrow the selection that renders the html the site becomes ok in IE11 to.
    If you dont have any thing to add, you can close the thread.

/Mikael
    Well, maybe, there is probably some room for optimization for IE, but I think the main problem is that IE JavaScript engine has bottlenecks that others like Chrome and Firefox don't.