[CLOSED] running under IIS7

[CLOSED] running under IIS7

I was running into an issue that hopefully you have seen already. I have using XP and IIS6 for development just fine. Yesterday i tried a new box with Vista and IIS7. Create new website at http://localhost:85

when I run the default page it starts loading and then i get Javascript error with following information. I have other asp.net web sites*running but may be some handler needs to be configured differently. let me know if you have some suggestions.
    thanks
    idriss

<!</p>

DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> </p>

*</p>

*</p>

<</p>

html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> </p>

<head id="Head1"><title> </p>

</title> </p>

<!-- Coolite Toolkit for ASP.NET [Professional Edition]. Version 0.7.0.23536. --> </p>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/extjs/resources/css/ext-all-embedded-css/coolite.axd" /> </p>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/extjs/resources/css/xtheme-gray-embedded-css/coolite.axd" /> </p>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/extjs/adapter/ext/ext-base-js/coolite.axd?23536"></script> </p>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/extjs/ext-all-js/coolite.axd?23536"></script> </p>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/coolite/coolite-core-js/coolite.axd?23536"></script> </p>

<script type="text/javascript"> </p>

//<![CDATA[ </p>

Ext.onReady(</p>

function(){Ext.QuickTips.init();Coolite.Ext.ScriptManagerUniqueID='ScriptManager2';Coolite.Ext.ThisUrl='http://localhost:85/home.aspx';this.vpMain=new Coolite.Ext.FormViewport({id:"vpMain",renderTo:"vpMain_Container",layout:"border",serverID:"BorderLayout1",items:[{id:"Panel1",maxHeight:90,minHeight:90,margins:"-1 -1 5 -1",region:"north",split:true,height:90,animCollapse:false,contentEl:"Panel1_Content",serverID:"Panel1"},{id:"SouthPanel",maxHeight:45,margins:"5 -1 -1 -1",region:"south",split:true,height:45,animCollapse:false,contentEl:"SouthPanel_Content",serverID:"SouthPanel"},{id:"WestPanel",minWidth:200,maxWidth:360,collapsible:true,region:"west",split:true,width:300,layout:"accordion",serverID:"acc",items:[{id:"ExtPane0",title:"Quick Links",border:false,autoScroll:true,contentEl:"ExtPane0_Content",serverID:"ExtPane0"},{id:"ExtPane1",title:"Applications",collapsed:true,border:false,autoScroll:true,contentEl:"ExtPane1_Content",serverID:"ExtPane1"},{id:"ExtPane2",title:"Dashboards",collapsed:true,border:false,autoScroll:true,contentEl:"ExtPane2_Content",serverID:"ExtPane2"},{id:"ExtPane3",title:"Reports",collapsed:true,border:false,autoScroll:true,contentEl:"ExtPane3_Content",serverID:"ExtPane3"}],title:" ",animCollapse:false,serverID:"WestPanel"},{id:"CenterPanel",xtype:"tabpanel",region:"center",items:{id:"tbHome",serverID:"FitLayout1",layout:"fit",items:{id:"pnlHome",height:900,contentEl:"pnlHome_Content",serverID:"pnlHome"},title:" Home ",serverID:"tbHome"},plain:true,enableTabScroll:true,deferredRender:false,baseCls:"tabbg",activeTab:0,listeners:{beforeremove:{fn:removeTab}},serverID:"CenterPanel"}],serverID:"vpMain"});this.Panel1=Ext.getCmp('Panel1');this.SouthPanel=Ext.getCmp('SouthPanel');this.ExtPane0=Ext.getCmp('ExtPane0');this.ExtPane1=Ext.getCmp('ExtPane1');this.ExtPane2=Ext.getCmp('ExtPane2');this.ExtPane3=Ext.getCmp('ExtPane3');this.WestPanel=Ext.getCmp('WestPanel');this.pnlHome=Ext.getCmp('pnlHome');this.tbHome=Ext.getCmp('tbHome');this.CenterPanel=Ext.getCmp('CenterPanel');this.vpMain.doLayout();this.WestPanel.on("collapse",function(){Ext.get("WestPanel_Collapsed").dom.value="true";});this.WestPanel.on("expand",function(){Ext.get("WestPanel_Collapsed").dom.value="false";});this.ExtPane0.on("collapse",function(){Ext.get("ExtPane0_Collapsed").dom.value="true";});this.ExtPane0.on("expand",function(){Ext.get("ExtPane0_Collapsed").dom.value="false";});this.ExtPane1.on("collapse",function(){Ext.get("ExtPane1_Collapsed").dom.value="true";});this.ExtPane1.on("expand",function(){Ext.get("ExtPane1_Collapsed").dom.value="false";});this.ExtPane2.on("collapse",function(){Ext.get("ExtPane2_Collapsed").dom.value="true";});this.ExtPane2.on("expand",function(){Ext.get("ExtPane2_Collapsed").dom.value="false";});this.ExtPane3.on("collapse",function(){Ext.get("ExtPane3_Collapsed").dom.value="true";});this.ExtPane3.on("expand",function(){Ext.get("ExtPane3_Collapsed").dom.value="false";});this.CenterPanel.on("beforetabchange",function(el,newTab){Ext.get("CenterPanel_ActiveTab").dom.value=el.items.indexOf(newTab);});this.CenterPanel.on("tabchange",function(el){el.doLayout();});this.CenterPanel.doLayout();});Ext.BLANK_IMAGE_URL="/extjs/resources/images/gray/s-gif/coolite.axd"; </p>

//]]> </p>

<
    </p>

RE: [CLOSED] running under IIS7

Hi idrissb,

Can you try setting the CleanResourceUrl property on the ScriptManager to "false". Maybe there is a Url rewritting issue under IIS7.

Example

<ext:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" CleanResourceUrl="false" />

Let me know if that helps solve the problem.*

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

i'll try that tonight. thanks

Hi idressb,

I think I might have found a fix.

Please remove the coolite.axd registration from your Web.config's <httpHandlers> section...

Example

<httpHandlers>
        <add path="*/coolite.axd" verb="*" type="Coolite.Ext.Web.ResourceManager" validate="false" />
    </httpHandlers>
    And move the registration to the Web.config's <system.webServer><handlers> section...

Example

<system.webServer>
        <handlers>
            <add path="*/coolite.axd" verb="*" type="Coolite.Ext.Web.ResourceManager" validate="false" />
        <handlers>
    <system.webServer>
    I found the following blog post to be very helpful, see http://tinyurl.com/3syf5h and related MSDN article, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/46c5ddfy.aspx.

Hope this helps solve the problem.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hi,
    That one works. There is no validate property that you can add in there. Also we need to provide with a "name".

<add path="*/coolite.axd" verb="*" type="Coolite.Ext.Web.ResourceManager" name="Coolite.Ext.Web.ResourceManager" />
    Also, by setting Application Pool to Classic .Net mode, it works. In that case you dont need to make changes to web.config file.

Thanks,

i have tried a new test. I took the examples project an copied that to the IIS7 box. i have added the section for IIS7 and set an application pool for Classic mode as well. the project does load and I can see the explorer. but when i click on a link, it has a problem loading the examples.ashx handler. Does that need to be set in the wenserver as well. I will try that later. just wanted to post current findings. it looks like it is trying the following url
    '/exampleshttp://localhost/ExampleLoader/Examples/Layout/BorderLayout/Collapsed_Region_Image/'
    Server Error in '/ExampleLoader' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'/exampleshttp://localhost/ExampleLoader/Examples/Layout/BorderLayout/Collapsed_Region_Image/' is not a valid virtual path. 
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: '/exampleshttp://localhost/ExampleLoader/Examples/Layout/BorderLayout/Collapsed_Region_Image/' is not a valid virtual path.

It is working now by setting the Application pool to Classic Mode. Integrated mode is still giving me some problems and I am sure it is something easy. but I will work on that later. you can mark as solved.
    thanks
    idriss

Cool, Now I am working with Integrated mode, and it works fine. I will let you know if I come across any problem in integrated mode.

Thanks,

Hi..

When am trying to deploy my web application i got this error form the hosted server.

Its having IIS 6.0.

Also In In my local machine there is no such error.

First i published the application using VS 2008 and then copyed in the server.
    Server having .net Framework 3.5 and iis 6.0
    Am using coolite 0.7.

You Can see my web.config file below after the error message.

U can see the error message from the image i attached.

Error message is like this..
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    <title>Configuration Error</title><style>
             body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} 
             p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
             b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
             H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red }
             H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon }
             pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em}
             .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;}
             .version {color: gray;}
             .error {margin-bottom: 10px;}
             .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }
            </style><h2>Configuration Error </h2>Description: 
    An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to 
    service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify 
    your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: 
    Could not load file or assembly 'Coolite.Ext.Web' or one of its 
    dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. 
    (d:\hshome\c242359\timeoffice.in\web.config line 80)

Source Error: 

<table width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffcc">
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td><code></code>Line 78: 		<httpModules>
    Line 79:    <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
    Line 80:    <add name="AjaxRequestModule" type="Coolite.Ext.Web.AjaxRequestModule, Coolite.Ext.Web" />
    Line 81:   </httpModules>
    Line 82: 	</system.web></td></tr></tbody></table>
    Source 
    File: d:\hshome\c242359\timeoffice.in\web.config    Line: 80 

<hr size="1" width="100%" color="silver">
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; 
    ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053 <!-- 
    [ConfigurationErrorsException]: Could not load file or assembly 'Coolite.Ext.Web' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. (d:\hshome\c242359\timeoffice.in\web.config line 80) (d:\hshome\c242359\timeoffice.in\web.config line 80)
       at System.Web.Configuration.HttpModuleAction.get_Entry()
       at System.Web.Configuration.HttpModulesSection.CreateModules()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModules()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.InitInternal(HttpContext context, HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers)
       at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplicationInstance(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr)
    --><!-- 
    This error page might contain sensitive information because ASP.NET is configured to show verbose error messages using <customErrors mode="Off"/>. Consider using <customErrors mode="On"/> or <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/> in production environments.-->
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <!-- 
        Note: As an alternative to hand editing this file you can use the 
        web admin tool to configure settings for your application. Use
        the Website->Asp.Net Configuration option in Visual Studio.
        A full list of settings and comments can be found in 
        machine.config.comments usually located in 
        \Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.x\Config 
    -->
    <configuration>
        <configSections>
            <sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
                <sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
                    <section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
                    <sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
                        <section name="jsonSerialization" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingJsonSerializationSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="Everywhere"/>
                        <section name="profileService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
                        <section name="authenticationService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
                        <section name="roleService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingRoleServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
                    </sectionGroup>
                </sectionGroup>
            </sectionGroup>
        </configSections>
        <appSettings/>
        <connectionStrings/>
        <system.web>
            <!-- 
                Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging 
                symbols into the compiled page. Because this 
                affects performance, set this value to true only 
                during development.
            -->
            <compilation debug="true">
                <assemblies>
                    <add assembly="System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
                    <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
                    <add assembly="System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
                    <add assembly="System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
                    <add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/></assemblies>
            </compilation>
            <!--
                The <authentication> section enables configuration 
                of the security authentication mode used by 
                ASP.NET to identify an incoming user. 
            -->
            <authentication mode="Windows"/>
            <!--
                The <customErrors> section enables configuration 
                of what to do if/when an unhandled error occurs 
                during the execution of a request. Specifically, 
                it enables developers to configure html error pages 
                to be displayed in place of a error stack trace.

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="GenericErrorPage.htm">
                <error statusCode="403" redirect="NoAccess.htm" />
                <error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm" />
            </customErrors>
            -->
            <pages>
                <controls>
                    <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
                    <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
                </controls>
            </pages>
            <httpHandlers>
       <remove path="*.asmx" verb="*" />
       <add path="*.asmx" verb="*" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"
        validate="false" />
       <add path="*_AppService.axd" verb="*" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"
        validate="false" />
       <add path="ScriptResource.axd" verb="GET,HEAD" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"
        validate="false" />
       <add path="*/coolite.axd" verb="*" type="Coolite.Ext.Web.ResourceManager"
        validate="false" />
      </httpHandlers>
            <httpModules>
       <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
       <add name="AjaxRequestModule" type="Coolite.Ext.Web.AjaxRequestModule, Coolite.Ext.Web" />
      </httpModules>
        </system.web>
        <system.codedom>
            <compilers>
                <compiler language="c#;cs;csharp" extension=".cs" warningLevel="4" type="Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeProvider, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
                    <providerOption name="CompilerVersion" value="v3.5"/>
                    <providerOption name="WarnAsError" value="false"/>
                </compiler>
                <compiler language="vb;vbs;visualbasic;vbscript" extension=".vb" warningLevel="4" type="Microsoft.VisualBasic.VBCodeProvider, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
                    <providerOption name="CompilerVersion" value="v3.5"/>
                    <providerOption name="OptionInfer" value="true"/>
                    <providerOption name="WarnAsError" value="false"/>
                </compiler>
            </compilers>
        </system.codedom>
        <!-- 
            The system.webServer section is required for running ASP.NET AJAX under Internet
            Information Services 7.0.  It is not necessary for previous version of IIS.
        -->
        <system.webServer>
            <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>
            <modules>
                <remove name="ScriptModule"/>
                <add name="ScriptModule" preCondition="managedHandler" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
            </modules>
            <handlers>
                <remove name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated"/>
                <remove name="ScriptHandlerFactory"/>
                <remove name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices"/>
                <remove name="ScriptResource"/>
                <add name="ScriptHandlerFactory" verb="*" path="*.asmx" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
                <add name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
                <add name="ScriptResource" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
            </handlers>
        </system.webServer>
        <runtime>
            <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
                <dependentAssembly>
                    <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35"/>
                    <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0"/>
                </dependentAssembly>
                <dependentAssembly>
                    <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions.Design" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35"/>
                    <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0"/>
                </dependentAssembly>
            </assemblyBinding>
        </runtime>
    </configuration>