DateField HideTrigger cannot be changed

DateField HideTrigger cannot be changed

I want to make a DateField or ComboBox readonly. This can be achieved for typing using the ReadOnly property. However these types of input still allow changing of their contents using their drop-down functionality.

There is a property called HideTrigger where I presumed I would be able to hide the trigger button and therefore prevent the user from dropping down a list or a calendar. However using this code does not work: -

Control.HideTrigger = false;

Is there a method of hiding the trigger button in code-behind?

RE: DateField HideTrigger cannot be changed

Hi,

You can use the following function

public void SetTriggerVisible(TriggerFieldBase field, bool visible)
    {
    field.AddScript("{0}.trigger.setDisplayed({1});", field.ClientID, JSON.Serialize(visible));
    }

Thanks, that works perfectly.

The remaining field now needs to be made wider so that that it only appears that the trigger is hidden. I added a line to your script to try to make the field longer but my method didn't work - what should be the syntax?

I added {0}.width={0}.width + 10 (see below)

field.AddScript("{0}.trigger.setDisplayed({1}); {0}.width={0}.width + 10;", field.ClientID, JSON.Serialize(visible));

Thanks

Hi,

Need use 'setWidth' method

Thanks that works. I have just two questions.

1. I have the field width set at 200 when there is a trigger visible. This is aligned with some text boxes. When the trigger is hidden the field is smaller by the width of the missing trigger which is why I needed to set the width so that it still aligns with the other fields. To achieve this I only need to set the width to 201. Why is this? The trigger is much wider than 1 pixel.

2. Now that I have a combo box with a value in it for display only (i.e. read only and with trigger hidden) how do I stop the drop down window from activating and showing the one value.?