on opening windows in a desktop

on opening windows in a desktop

hi there, i have an ext:desktop with several shortcuts which opens ext:window when clicked, it is just now that i have noticed that everytime i click on a desktop shortcut and the window opens, the value of Ext.ComponentMgr.all.items.length increases, even if the same window opens for the subsequent times, the number of components present in the page just increases... is it really that way? won't this cause memory leak?

RE: on opening windows in a desktop

and i see that even if the window's closeAction is sset by default to "Close", it is not even calling the close event when it gets closed from the "X" button, it is just calling the "hide" event

Hi,

Do you have such behaviour with original Desktop example from Examples Explorer?

no, not when i am using the example explorer's desktop example. but on my own code i was able to prevent the increase in the component by just calling the show method of the window and using a shortcut's shortcutID and desktop's shortcutclick event...

before i was using a desktop module then the shortcut is pointing to the module using the moduleID property, it seems that the window gets recreated everytime i click on a desktop shortcut becuase when i checked the debugger, there were several instances of the window and its sub components

i do not know if this has something to do with it but i am using ext:Window and the example explorer is using ext:DesktopWindow

and i also have another question, isn't it that the default closeAction for a coolite's ext:Window is hide? but if i check it on visual studio's property window, the default window closeAction is "close"

yeah that was it, i tried changing the "Company Info" desktop window on your example exporer to a normal ext:Window and the component count increases by 6 each time the window is closed and reopened

Hi,

As I said early we don't guarantee that simple windows will work correctly in Desktop. It seems for simple window the TaskButton menu is not destroyed

Try to add the following script
    Ext.ux.TaskBar.TaskButton.override({
            onDestroy : function(){
                this.cmenu.destroy();
            }
    });