[CLOSED] Using ~ In Urls

[CLOSED] Using ~ In Urls

Hello,

Can you advise me on how is best to handle using ~ in Url properties?

I notice that some Url properties in the Coolite source also have an UrlProxy which is actually used, and makes use of ResolveUrl allowing the use of ~/.

I am wanting to do the same with HttpProxy for Stores but cannot get it to work. I can't specify "/myurl" because the website may be in a Virtual Directory and I don't want to use "myurl".

Thanks,
    Richard

Edit: I should say i'm using an MVC app and so could use <% Html.ActionLink() %> to insert my links but im not quite sure how i should do this.

RE: [CLOSED] Using ~ In Urls

Does the following work for you...

Example

Url='<% Html.ActionLink() %>' AutoDataBind="true"

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Nope.

Here is my sample:

<ext:HttpProxy Url='<% Html.ActionLink(new { controller = "Jobs", action = "Data" }) %>' AutoDataBind="true" Method="GET" />

which outputs this in the page:

proxy:new Ext.data.HttpProxy({url:"<% Html.ActionLink(new { controller = \"Jobs\", action = \"Data\" }) %>",method:"GET"})

A further update:

If I do:

<ext:HttpProxy Url='<%# Url.OpsDataStore() %>' AutoDataBind="true" Method="GET" />

Which is basically an extension function to UrlHelper then no Url is put into the ext proxy object on the page:

proxy:new Ext.data.HttpProxy({method:"GET"})

This is how I have been doing databindings with ext:HiddenField components (<%# instead of <%).

Hi,

I confirm that under ASP.MVC the AutoDataBind is not work. Not sure why. We will investigate it. At this moment I can suggest to set required properties at code-behind. We will try to fix it soon

Thank you for the reply. Do you have any hints as to where the problem may lie such that I could do some debugging myself?

We are planning to release our software within the next few weeks and so it is critical that I can get this working. Unfortunately I cannot set the paths in code-behind because depending on different install locations at different customers the Urls will be different.

Hi,

I am not sure where the problem yet. In usual ASP.NET application all works fine.

Why you can't set property in code-behind? Just set value depends from current user, use the same function which you try in <%# block

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
      {
            ((HttpProxy)Store1.Proxy[0]).Url = Url.OpsDataStore();
      }

Ah yes my fault sorry - I was thinking code-behind as in the markup for some reason. I will try your suggestion and let you know how that goes.

I can confirm that that solution works in the interim.

Thank you.