v1.0 Testing

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

RE: v1.0 Testing

Hi state,

In your Window scenario, you should add a slight delay to the <Show> Listener.

Example

<Show Delay="100" Handler="#{tUsername}.focus(false, 60);" />
    Hope this helps.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hi state,

I refactored your Window sample to take advantage of some of the new syntax enhancements we've included.

Example

<ext:Window 
        runat="server" 
        Title="eSuite Login" 
        Icon="User" 
        Width="315" 
        Modal="true" 
        Closable="false" 
        Draggable="false" 
        IDMode="Static"
        BodyStyle="padding:10px;padding-top:16px;"
        Layout="Form">
        <Items>
            <ext:Panel 
                runat="server" 
                Border="false" 
                AnchorHorizontal="100%"
                BodyStyle="padding:12px 8px 12px 8px;border-bottom:solid 1px black">
                <Items>
                    <ext:Image runat="server" ImageUrl="/images/logos/Login.gif" />
                </Items>
            </ext:Panel>

<ext:TextField ID="tUsername" runat="server" FieldLabel="Username" AllowBlank="false" BlankText="Username is a required field." MaxLength="20" MaxLengthText="20" TabIndex="0" AnchorHorizontal="100%" />
            <ext:TextField ID="tPassword" runat="server" FieldLabel="Password" AllowBlank="false" BlankText="Password is a required field." InputType="Password" MaxLength="50" MaxLengthText="50" AnchorHorizontal="100%" />

<ext:Panel 
                runat="server" 
                Border="false" 
                BodyStyle="text-align:center;font-size:10px;padding-top:5px" 
                Hidden="true">
                <Items>
                    <ext:HyperLink ID="lForgetPass" runat="server" Text="Forget your Password?" />
                </Items>
            </ext:Panel>
        </Items>
        <BottomBar>
            <ext:StatusBar runat="server" CtCls="icon-error" DefaultText="Please login to your eSuite account." />
        </BottomBar>
        <Buttons>
            <ext:Button runat="server" Text="Login!" Icon="DoorIn" OnClientClick="LoginManager.login();" />
        </Buttons>
        <Listeners>
            <Show Handler="#{tUsername}.focus(false, 60);" />
        </Listeners>                
    </ext:Window>
    Hope this helps.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

State and others, I would love to hear your feedbacks on the performance of v1.0. It seems like there has been many complaints of performance being degraded in ExtJS 3.0. I am in the process of converting our application and it's going to take a few days. I use alot of ExtJS user extensions and created a few custom controls that may not be compatible with ExtJS 3.0.

I notice the Slate theme has been removed. Will it be included once the creator (J.C. Bize) updates it to ExtJS 3.0? Our application uses this theme only.

Geoffrey,

Where you able to reproduce the issue with the FormLayout not rendering? We use this type of layout several times within our app.

I will see how it goes with your refactoring and see if that helps us.

Appreciate all you do.

Thanks.
    Sean

jchau,

When I get to a point that I'm testing the speed of 3.0, I will certainly let you guys know. Right, now I'm still trying to get our app to a point that it was before v1.0. :)

Thanks.

Hi,

jchau: I am not sure about client-side perfomance (in my opinion the perfomance is not changed) but we improved server-side perfomance removing reflection code as much as possible (for example, rendering time of test page with huge amount of controls: 0.8 version - 40 sec, 1.0 - 10 sec )

state: according your example, please note that if control is not managed by layout then add explicitly height for that control (just in your example few panels have no height and don't managed by layout)

Geoffrey,

This didn't work for me. It rendered a bit more of the Window, but the actual "form fields" where still not rendering correctly.

I've included an attachment (this is after refactoring like you suggested).

Thanks.

This is what it looks like with just changing the <Body> tag to <Content> (before the suggested refacttoring).

Hi state,

In that code which posted by Geoffrey try to add Height for the Window

Alright tested several things here:

1. Doing it my way does not render any of the Form layout stuff, even when I set a height of 500 on the Window (which should be plenty of height). I had to remove AutoHeight.

2. Doing it Geoffrey's way. I added a height of 500 and it worked, with rendering of objects.

So I have to point out two things. First, the AutoHeight doesn't work in either case. For this login window, we need to have AutoHeight set, because we will have buttons and options available to certain people coming from different web pages. We don't even want a space for "hidden" objects if they don't have access to them (we don't even want one login web page to know those options even exist for another login page). This worked fine in pre-1.0.

Second, objects in the FormPanel don't even render for #1. The window, itself, renders just fine. The FormPanel objects and Anchor objects do not.

Let me point out that BEFORE v1.0, this login page was working exactly like we wanted it. In v1.0, the page isn't anywhere near what we need or want (because of rendering).

Let me point out as well, that before I did the refactoring that Geoffrey suggested all I did to this page was change the <Body> tag to <Content> for the Window and for all Panels and then encapsulate the FormPanel's FormLayout in an <Items> collection, as required. According to what Geoffrey said in an early post that adding the <Items> collection shouldn't really have changed anything since it was "already" (in a way) required it just wasn't enforced.

So, having just made this minor changes to the page, why would it have such a drastic effect on rendering and formatting?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast