[CLOSED] 0.4.6 : DateField format as dd/mm/yyy

[CLOSED] 0.4.6 : DateField format as dd/mm/yyy

I've nearly managed to get everything working now under 0.4.6 so that i can release this into a pure 2.0 runtime environment. I've been searching for old DateField bugs but have been unable to find an answer so i'm appealing to the older hacks to see if they remember if they were able to get it working in the dd-mm-yy format ??

this appears not to make much difference..

<ext:DateField ID="extStart" runat="server" Format="dd-MM-yyyy" ></ext:DateField>

RE: [CLOSED] 0.4.6 : DateField format as dd/mm/yyy

Hi Steve,

In v0.4.x the .Format property of the <ext:DateField> was not working very well.

In that version I believe the format must be set using a PHP/Unix style of format string. The following Datejs documentation provides a good comparision of the .NET/Java vs PHP/Unix date format specifiers, see http://code.google.com/p/datejs/wiki/FormatSpecifiers

The best thing I can suggest is that you set the .Format property in you code-behind, then view the page in a browser. You then have to view the Html > Source of the page. Look for the "format" configuration property in the config <script>. If that format is not in a PHP format, then you have to modify the .Format property and try setting with a PHP format, instead of a .NET format.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

RE: [CLOSED] 0.4.6 : DateField format as dd/mm/yyy

that's great, thanks for that Geoffrey, sorry to be a pain.