[FIXED] [#664] [3.0.0] GridPanel inside a ViewPort's Bin does not display data and pager fails

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I guess it might be a performance improvement in ExtJS 5.1. If a GridPanel is pre-hidden, there is a little bit different life cycle, that causes the difference in the behaviors between ExtJS 5.0 and 5.1.

As for a .reconfigure() call, I think it is sort of overkilling. Personally, I would recommend the following:

1. Make the grid2 variable strong typed.
    Dim grid2 As GridPanel = GetGridPanel("2")

2. Set the Store's AutoLoad to false to the GridPanel in Bin.
    grid2.GetStore().AutoLoad = False
    TabContainer.Bin.Add(grid2)

3. Change the OnClientClick to
    .OnClientClick = String.Format("{0}.addTab({1}); {1}.getStore().load();", TabContainer.ClientID, grid2.ClientID)
    By the way, it looks there is no need to call .setActiveTab(), because .addTab() does it by its own.

With the old version of dll, when it was 125MB (assembly version 3.0.0.37070) it was working as expected.
    I tend to guarantee that the decrease of the dll size doesn't affect on any functionality.

Also a small tip about code samples. It would be helpful for us if you post standalone test cases having this at the page's top:

<%@ Page Language="vb" %>

<script runat="server">
        Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

End Sub

[Other code behind]
    </script>

[Other markup]

it would allow us just to copy, paste and run your test cases without any changes.
    This bug report on the Sencha forums appears to be related to our issue.
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?295129
    Thank you, your solution works perfectly, and it's good to hear that sencha will fix this.

By the way, it looks there is no need to call .setActiveTab(), because .addTab() does it by its own.
    I call .setActiveTab() in order to activate the chosen panel using both the left-navigator panel (2 buttons) and the tab pages on top.
    Without setActiveTab() if the user clicks Grid2Button and then Grid1Button, Grid2Panel still remains on top.
    Created an Issue to track this defect.
    https://github.com/extnet/Ext.NET/issues/664

As for a .setActiveTab call, not sure how I didn't think about clicking the Buttons a few times instead of one:)
    Last edited by Daniil; Feb 04, 2015 at 4:36 PM.
    I noticed that this solution works well when there is a single grid in the panel.

If multiple grid are added and the script act on each (for example, master-detail) the method is able to properly load the store into the grid, but the pager does not calculate the total number of pages (always shows 1) and does not show the current page in its textbox, EXCEPT for the last grid, which works as expected.

I'm looking for a solution to act only on the pager, as the data is loaded successfully.

The reconfigure() instead fails on grid, except the last.

If I find a solution I'll let you know.
    We probably might help if you provide us with a test case to reproduce.
    I noticed that using the last svn version, having more than one grid inside the viewport's bin all pagers are correctly loaded.
    For this reason you can ignore my post of Feb 07, 2015, 4:08 PM or even delete it in case this could confuse someone in searching for a solution.

thanks.
    Thanks for the update.

Yes, there was a bug.
    https://github.com/extnet/Ext.NET/issues/727
    Hello!

I think that this issue has been fixed for some time already, and I couldn't really find any specific SVN commits to address this specific issue here, so seems just updates on ExtJS addressed the issue already!

That said, I'll be marking this as fixed, following up Sencha state on the issue. If for some reason this is still reproducible, just let us know and we'd get to the reasons of it!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12