[FIXED] [#664] [3.0.0] GridPanel inside a ViewPort's Bin does not display data and pager fails

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[FIXED] [#664] [3.0.0] GridPanel inside a ViewPort's Bin does not display data and pager fails

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrong grid.PNG 
Views:	50 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	19421  
    Last edited by Daniil; Jan 29, 2015 at 5:04 PM. Reason: [OPEN] [#664]
    Hello, before I read thru your post, I noticed your ext.Net version is before last released stable. I've got mine from Ext.NET website, and it says: 3.0.0.37818.

So, I believe you should update your version as soon as possible. If you're more interested in the latest svn builds, you'd also are good to update, there are some things fixed already in the latest SVN commit.
    Thanks for spending time to answer me. Just please take the time to read the first line of the post as well; that SVN version was deployed 10 hours ago.
    I tried the svn 6277 and the problem still occurs.
    EDIT: Sorry, I am not able to reproduce your problem here then. Strange, how the assembly version reads...
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Jan 23, 2015 at 1:36 PM.
    Hi @bbros,

It looks I cannot reproduce the issue with the latest Ext.NET from SVN trunk.

There were a few commits to SVN last days. Maybe, some of them affected and fixed this scenario.

Please update and let us know if it is still reproducible or not.
    Hi Daniil, unfortunately I'm still able to reproduce the wrong behavior both with IE and Chrome.
    I don't know if the problem can be in web.config or in the compiled dll.

The code I wrote is the one of this VS2013 solution.

I included the libraries which I did compile (maybe I did compile in a wrong way).

Are you able to reproduce with my project an empty "Grid2" after clicking the left-hand side button?

Thank you
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Jan 27, 2015 at 1:54 AM.
    I'm not sure you were supposed to share the 3.1.0 compiled library this open but. Well I could do some investigation thanks to this.

It is reproducible only with your DLLs, and I could fix grid2 by calling
    App.ProgressGrid2.reconfigure();
    After the page was rendered. Your same solution using Ext.NET 3.0.0 works fine (just by linking to the libs and re-running). Well, but you are already aware of this.

I'll see if there's something else that could be made on the code to fix the issue. The generated ExtJS seems completely fine.

By the way, your ExtJS version reads as 5.1.0.107. I am not sure this is the newest on SVN.
    This is not just about calling the ProgressGrid2.reconfigure(). This is about reconfiguring the grid once it is visible. At least IE has this limitation in some situations. Maybe the new way the grid is being composed makes this.

To fix your problem permanently, just make sure the grid is reconfigured in every display.

You just don't have to do this to the tab that is visible by default. For all other tabs, .reconfigure() should be called at least once.

Your mni2 would become then:
    Dim mni2 As New MenuItem With {
           .ID = grid2.ID & "TabContainerActivator_MenuItem",
           .Text = "Grid2",
           .OnClientClick = "#{tabContainer}.addTab(#{" & grid2.ID & "});#{tabContainer}.setActiveTab('" & grid2.ID & "'); #{ProgressGrid2}.reconfigure();"}
    Error and solution applies for both IE11 and Chrome 39.x.

I really hope now this helps a bit here. :)
    @bbros - Do not post or link to .dll's, especially posting private Ext.NET assemblies inside a public forum.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    @Geoffrey.McGill Sorry for publishing dlls, I only removed the license key thinking that were enough, but you are obviously right.

@Fabricio Thank you, reconfiguring the GridPanel the problem has been solved.
    About Ext.JS version I try to download again svn, clean the solution and recompile.

You can mark the post as closed, if .reconfigure() is the solution.
    Thank you
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast