change in grid.save function?

change in grid.save function?

has there been a change in the way the store data is passed to the code behind when using grid.save()? because when i'am using coolite version 0.80, the newly added row passes a reader ID value to the code behind in the Store1_BeforeStoreChanged method, but if i use coolite version 0.82, the reader ID of newly added grid rows (and most likely all values not expilicitly set on the newly added row) are not even included in the XML data which is passed to the onstoredchanged function.

RE: change in grid.save function?

Hi,

Please set for the Store
    SkipIdForNewRecords="false"

ok, so am i correct in my interpretation that when this is set on the store... when i do xml.GetElementsByTagName("Created"), the "id" column still gets included on the xml data?,,, because i have seen that all data is still included on the json data passed to the server side but the ID is not getting included on the xml data anymore after doing xml.GetElementsByTagName("Created") and the value that you stated on the previous post is not set on the store...

Hi,

By default the ids for new records are not submitted because in mostly cases the autogenerated ids are not used and ignores during insert to the DB.

If you set
    SkipIdForNewRecords="false"

then id field will be included to the serialized data and submitted to the server

the ID which is refered here is the store's readerID right?