[CLOSED] IE loading of controls vs Firefox

[CLOSED] IE loading of controls vs Firefox

Hi

I have completely reworked one of my main screens and noticed that in my normal browser Firefox (v30) seems a lot more fluid in loading the screen on 99% of my users browser IE (v10+).

In IE it looks like you can see each control being rendered (albeit quickly) vs Firefox it looks like it waits until the whole screen is rendered (silently) and then presented when completed.

Is this normal? Is there a setting that perhaps we can get IE to do the same as Firefox??

Note: My screen is a normal webform with a combination of both asp and ext controls. It is not purely an Ext application

Cheers
    Glen
    Last edited by Daniil; Jan 30, 2015 at 1:41 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi Glen,

That is an interesting question.

I also notice that difference between IE and Firefox. To the best of my understanding it is the difference in rendering engines and, I am afraid, I don't think there are good (if any) options to overcome that.

Maybe, this could help improving a user experience.

<ext:ResourceManager runat="server">
        <StartupMask />
    </ext:ResourceManager>
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Jan 19, 2015 at 5:27 AM. Reason: Revised to use [HTML] tags instead of [CODE] tags
    Hi Daniil

Actually now that I think about it I probably think this could have to do with the fact that this app is still using Ext 1.7 which is probably not designed for ie11.

Thanks for the comment though!

Cheers
    Glen
    So, do you see the different behavior with Ext.NET v2?

Just to clarify - Ext.NET v1 supports IE11. As for the StartupMask functionality, then it appeared in v2.