[CLOSED] [MVC] ASP.net MVC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[CLOSED] [MVC] ASP.net MVC

Hey guys

Just want to say I am very impressed with what I have seen so far of coolite.

I was just recently digging into ASP MVC, and currently the big deal breaker is that for rich controls, you basically have to write the javascript yourself, or learn a js ui library like Ext. The various big vendors have either said no, or that they just don't know when it comes to MVC support.

Even though you aren't fully off the ground yet, IMO you have the closest thing to controls that would be usable on the MVC framework. I know it would take work, but it might be worth looking into.

RE: [CLOSED] [MVC] ASP.net MVC

Hi googlemania,

Thanks for the feedback. We really appreciate your interest in our project.

We're tinkering with using the Coolite controls in MVC and will do our best to support the framework.

I would be very interested in hearing from anyone that would like to test the Coolite controls with the MS MVC framework. Send and email to geoff [at] coolite [dot] com stateing your interest and I will do my best to keep you up to date with our progress.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hy geoffrey ..coolite will not work with aps.net mvc ...no controls will work because the mvc framwork removes the runat server from the form and that makes evry control unusable.

Controls will work, they just don't really have a life cycle. since coolite is wrapper around pure js, it doesn't (or shouldn't anyways) be tied that tightly to asp specific abstractions like the page lifecycle or viewstate.

Actually I have pretty much everything working perfectly. Especially any Container control (Panel, Window, etc) and the new Layout controls. We're working on the FormPanel and some of the guts of the existing Form (TextBox, Calendar, etc) controls will have to change, but overall, supporting MVC will not be a problem. I don't think the existing Form controls will support MVC for the 0.5 release, but they will shortly.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

If anyone is still following this thread and developing with the MVC framework, I would love to get your feedback. The 0.5 build has been released. I didn't get much chance to go deep with Coolite and MVC, but my preliminary demo's all worked well (shockingly well actually). There were a few things I did not expect to work, but amazingly they did, straight "out of the box".

I need a few people to play around with Coolite + MVC and get us some feedback.

One area I'm particularily interested in is testing the Form controls. They *should* now work.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

I'm kinda in a real busy place right now, but I'll check it out ASAP. Really excited about the whole MVC thing, finally a framework from ms that you don't have to fight with to write well archetected software

I'm developing an application using MVC and Coolite. Rodiniz is right on MVC removing the <form> tag from views. I created a view using the ViewPort control and at first it would not load up. It would throw an exception confirming the lack of the form tag. I manually added the form tag around the script manager and viewport control and they worked fine.

What I'm facing now is that if I'm using Master Pages and the view is an MVC Content View instead of a standard MVC View then the Coolite controls will not work even with the form tag around them. I don't get an exception this time, but they just won't load at all.

ok, let me take another crack at this using the latest MVC preview 3 release. I have a demo running with exactly what you describe - ViewPort in MasterPage running with MVC - and it works great.

I'm just about to release a new build, so if any revisions are required, they will be included in the new build.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

I have it working with master pages now. I was doing something wrong in a javascript file before. I did have to add the <form> tag though.

Thanks

- Juan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast