[CLOSED] DateField culture issue

[CLOSED] DateField culture issue

Hi... in Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options my culture is set at English (Canada) while I am guessing most people have culture set to English (United States) even I do on my home PC by default.

Where I am running into something, is not when I pick a date (that works fine!) it is when I type a date manually.

Try this, set your culture to English (Canada) and you'll see the Short date: 16/09/2009 like mine?

When I type 31-01-2009 (that matches the culture DD-MM-YYYY setting) it goes to 01/07/2011 in the DateField when I tab out of the field.

RE: [CLOSED] DateField culture issue

Hi,

May be you have incorect date format. Try to use
    Format="dd-MM-yyyy"

or

Format="dd\-MM\-yyyy"

Throw a DateField on a screen and try it with Format="dd/MM/yyyy" and it does the same.

Hi jsemple,

This might be a limitation (defect?) of the client-side date parser. It's not looking at the date part order (dmy vs mdy) when parsing alternate formats.

As a temp solution, you can work around this particular scenario by setting the AltFormat property.

Example

<ext:DateField ID="DateField1" runat="server" Format="dd/MM/yyyy" AltFormats="dd-MM-yyyy" />

Hope this helps.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

You are correct, AltFormats was exactly what I needed :)

I should have mentioned as well, you can add multiple AltFormats by separating each format with a pipe (|).

Example

AltFormats="dd-MM-yyyy|d-M-yy"

Don't worry about adding many AltFormats... the date parser is very efficient and will zip through the formats in milliseconds.

Hope this helps.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder