IP field localization / validation

IP field localization / validation

On the following example, IP field is always invalid, no matter the value.

Going further, the error message is not localized.

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head id="Head1" runat="server">
    </head>
    <body>
        <ext:ResourceManager runat="server" Locale="pt" ScriptMode="Debug" />
        <ext:TextField FieldLabel="IP" StandardVtype="IP" runat="server" />
    </body>
    </html>
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Jan 14, 2015 at 11:06 PM. Reason: put back pt_BR accents and thank whoever fixed it :)
    Hi Raphael,

Thank you for the report! Created an Issue.
    https://github.com/extnet/Ext.NET/issues/634

@avenger, thank you for the investigation. It turned out that wrong space is in all the Ext.NET versions - v1, v2 and v3. Fixed for all.

v1: revision #6244 (branches/1)
    v2: revision #6245 (branches/2). It goes to v2.5.4.
    v3: revision #6246 (trunk). It goes to v3.1.

As for localization, yes, unfortunately, it is not localized and it is unlikely it will be localized built-in ever.

sorry forum accepts no accents, at least from me. :)
    Yes, it was always the problem with the forums and it is very inconvenient to deal with localization issues. Before we were not able to sort it out. Now we are revisiting this issue and hope to resolve. Thank you for pointing out the problem.
    The default setting in the forum software was using charset=ISO-8859-1. I switched to charset=UTF-8 which seems to have solved the character set issues.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Last edited by Daniil; Jan 14, 2015 at 6:58 AM.
    Cool!
    Reviewed my post to put back the intl chars, now anyone can have his field.VTypes overriden to show portuguese messages just by copy-pasting code -- and now, with proper accents! :)

As for localization, yes, unfortunately, it is not localized and it is unlikely it will be localized built-in ever.
    I see on the localization file there's names of several contributors, wouldn't it be possible for me/us/w/e to contribute this bit to the file? :)
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Jan 14, 2015 at 11:10 PM. Reason: ask about localization
    Thank you for the confirmation regarding accents.

I see on the localization file there's names of several contributors, wouldn't it be possible for me/us/w/e to contribute this bit to the file? :)
    We have not came up with a simple solution how to expand ExtJS localization files. It is simple to add, but it is a bit cumbersome to maintain all the changes when we upgrade ExtJS. So, we only use it to fix issues. Especially, critical issues. Thank you for you readiness to contribute something!
    Thank you Daniil and Avenger