Trigger Field Icon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trigger Field Icon

Now I have problem that trigger icon is displayed as "v". Just like in thread: http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...ger-Field-Icon

I tried everything and did not work.

Code is:

<ext:ComboBox ID="ComboBox1" runat="server">
      <Triggers>
       <ext:FieldTrigger Icon="Clear" Hidden="true" />
      </Triggers>
     <Listeners>
      <TriggerClick Handler="this.removeByValue(this.getValue());this.clearValue();" />
     </Listeners>
    </ext:ComboBox>
    It looks this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	18181

It completly ignores icon and hidden settings. But is works.
    Please take a look on the following thread: http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...s-TriggerField. It may help you.
    I do not understand a single word from that post. It is too advanced for me. In the first place I use WebForms/Ext.Net to not had to deal with such stuff. Just want to place control and write my bussines logic code. Is there "normal" solution for this or I have to abandon using trigger buttons? It is difficult to understand that such trifles can not be solved for 5 years.
    Please, run the following example within your application:
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head id="Head1" runat="server">
    </head>
    <body>
        <ext:ResourceManager runat="server" SeparateUIStyles="false" Theme="Gray" />

<ext:DropDownField Margin="10"
            ID="_ddd"
            Editable="false"
            Width="800"
            runat="server">
            <Triggers>
                <ext:FieldTrigger Icon="Clear" />
            </Triggers>
            <Component>
                <ext:Panel Title="Inner Panel" runat="server" Height="600">
                    <Loader Url="http://www.ext.net" Mode="Frame" runat="server" />
                </ext:Panel>
            </Component>
        </ext:DropDownField>
    </body>
    </html>
    and let me know whether you get the following result:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CL001.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	18261

if you get the result presented above, go to your Global.asax file and define Application_Start as shown below:

protected void Application_Start()
    {
        JsonConverter stringEnumConverter = JSON.GlobalSettings.Converters.FirstOrDefault(converter => converter is StringEnumConverter);

if (stringEnumConverter != null)
        {
            JSON.GlobalSettings.Converters.Remove(stringEnumConverter);
        }
    }
    Let me know if you need assistance to proceed with the steps presented above.
    I found this two lines in my code, after removing it, it works properly.

JSON.RequestSettings = New Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializerSettings()
    JSON.RequestSettings.DateTimeZoneHandling = Newtonsoft.Json.DateTimeZoneHandling.Local
    As stated on: http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...s-TriggerField, JsonSerializerSettings breaks TriggerField.

Why do you override JSON.RequestSettings?
    Last edited by RaphaelSaldanha; Jan 05, 2015 at 10:38 PM.
    I do not understand a single word from that post. It is too advanced for me. In the first place I use WebForms/Ext.Net to not had to deal with such stuff. Just want to place control and write my bussines logic code. Is there "normal" solution for this or I have to abandon using trigger buttons? It is difficult to understand that such trifles can not be solved for 5 years.
    Ext.Net Team and the community are working hard to address all the issues found during migration from version 2.x to version 3.x. Despite our hard working, unfortunately, there are still some issues that we are trying to solve as soon as we can.

At this time, Ext.Net Team is incorporating ExtJS 5.1 - Ext.Net 3.1 - which has several bug fixes.

Let us know anytime you need assistance or face a problem, we will always be here to assist you.
    Last edited by RaphaelSaldanha; Jan 05, 2015 at 8:07 PM.
    As I noted I don't know what it is. I used it in version 2 for date grid filter, to show in my locale. Now it is no longer necessary so can be removed.

Better question is how changing THAT jsonstuff, of so many things only affects this trigger button!? Given that this forum has dozens of posts about it and people spend hours on this matter that connects two things without any logic. It is obvious that it is not made correctly.
    Sorry for the inconvenience. We do our best to meet the needs of Ext.Net community.

We are working hard to improve the quality of our services as a whole and i hope that us, Ext.Net community and Ext.Net Team be able improve your experience in a near future.
    Last edited by RaphaelSaldanha; Jan 05, 2015 at 10:40 PM.
    SaleCar, can this thread be marked as closed?
    Last edited by RaphaelSaldanha; Jan 05, 2015 at 10:54 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast