How to Add a GridPanel withing a Tab Content

How to Add a GridPanel withing a Tab Content

Hi
    Is it possible to define a GridPanel within a Tab Content? because the ext tags don't show up withing the Tab Content tags in the source view. Thanks in advance.

RE: How to Add a GridPanel withing a Tab Content

yaser82 (10/6/2008) Hi
    Is it possible to define a GridPanel within a Tab Content? because the ext tags don't show up withing the Tab Content tags in the source view. Thanks in advance.
    Yes. I just ran a few extra tests on a couple machines and the <ext:GridPanel> tag does show up for me in Intellisense when used between the <Content></Content> tags of any Panel (including Tab).

Maybe you have a build error in your probject? You might want to try restarting Visual Studio as well.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hi
    Thanks geoffrey for your quick reply. I restarted Visual Studio and rebuilt the solution and there are no errors and the web page runs normally, but within the source view i noticed that the TabPanel tag is underlined with the red line (Element TabPanel is not a known element..) although I dont have any errors and the compilations i i only added a ViewPort to my web page. If you want i could send you a screen shot or something. Thanks again

Does the Page work when you view it in a browser?

You could also try right-clicking on the Project and/or Solution within Visual Studio 2008 and select "Clean". Then try to drag/drop a new control from the ToolBox. Please ensure the v0.6 .dll is the one you added to the Visual Studio ToolBox.

Visual Studio can cause issues when upgrading to a new .dll because it tends to cache older .dlls and getting rid of the .dlls can be a pain.*

Hope this helps.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hi

Yes the page runs normally in the web browser and already cleaned the project. I double checked the .dll file and it is the v0.6 one. I guess you are right , when I installed the v0.4 of the Toolkit this red line error was not showing but in later versions (v0.5.4 and v0.6) is now appearing. The only difference is that in v0.5.4 I was able to add controls within the <Content></Content> tags, in the v0.6 the only tags that appeat by the Intellisense are
    1- CustomConfig
    2- Plugins.

Thanks

Unfortunately the current .dll your project and Visual Studio is using is not v0.6.*

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hi
    when hoover my mouse over one of the control the tip shows Version 0.6.0.7019 from Coolite Inc.. How ever, can you advise me for a possible solution?

Thanks

Hi geoffrey,

Only the TabPanel within the ViewPort causes this problem, I added a stand alone TabPanel and it was recognized perfectly.

Hi
    I just installed the Coolite Toolkit on a fresh machine where no Coolite Tookit has been installed before and the problem still persists. I was reading the entire posts in this thread and I just noticed that you mentioned Visual Studio 2008, does this mean that the Toolkit is not compatible with Visual Studio 2005? Thanks