Ext.Net 3.0 pricing

Ext.Net 3.0 pricing

I am trying to buy ext.net v3.x, with 2 years premium support. I was supposed to be billed the amount of 1099 USD but when i go to checkout, i get a message that i am gonna be billed the amout of 1,175.93. Is the difference of 7% a CleverBridge fee?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ext001.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	17831

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by RCN; Dec 29, 2014 at 6:12 PM.
    Hi RCN,

I don't have an explanation for the extra amount. It should be $1099 USD.

I'm going to have to contact Cleverbridge for some details.

Thanks for reporting the issue.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    When the USD is selected

Name:	pl002.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	17911

The price is 1099 USD

Name:	pl001.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	17921

But when BRL is selected

Name:	pl003.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	17931

The price is greater, 1,175.93

Name:	pl004.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	17941

Is it a currency conversion fee? As far as i know, the price is shown in BRL, but i am gonna be billed in USD, so, if i am correct, there should be no fee.
    Hi Raphael,

Is it a currency conversion fee? As far as i know, the price is shown in BRL, but i am gonna be billed in USD, so, if i am correct, there should be no fee.
    I'm not 100% sure what is going on here, but I have sent a request to Cleverbridge to provide an explanation.

Yes, I suspect they're adding some padding for currency conversion, although any conversion I've seen in the past has been very accurate. To the best of my knowledge Cleverbridge does not add a "currency conversion fee". We do not add any extra fees or currency conversion costs. If any extra fees were applied they would be listed during checkout.

One way to avoid the discrepancy is select $USD from the currency options, and purchase with a Credit Card. Your credit card provider will then make the conversion using their rates. The downside of using $USD is that you don't know the exact final total in your local currency until provided post transaction by your credit card company.

I will provide an update once I hear from Cleverbridge. They should be responding soon.

I apologize for the inconvenience.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Thank you Geoffrey