[CLOSED] TextField reduces its width when losing focus

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Daniil, please let me know whether i can do that.

Bbros i need their clearance and i want to aware you that i am not a ext.net official support member .
    Raphael and @bbros, there is no restriction on your collaboration from our side as long as it doesn't involve us.

If you are able to sort the problem out, it would be awesome.
    Hi Daniil and Raphael, trying different ways I got another difference.
    I do always create controls in code behind, Raphael did write the same code in html design.
    Analyzing source page I got differences and a div in my page is rendered after </html>. I'm not good enough to undestand if it is the main reason.

Working example (Raphael):
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head id="Head1" runat="server">
    </head>
    <body>
        <ext:ResourceManager runat="server" ScriptMode="Debug" />
        <ext:TextField Width="150" LabelWidth="50" Margin="1" runat="server" />
    </body>
    </html>
    and his page source is:

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head id="Head1">
        <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/extjs/packages/ext_theme_gray/build/resources/ext-theme-gray-all-debug-embedded-css/ext.axd?v=20312" id="ext-theme" />
        <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/extnet/resources/css/extnet-all-debug-embedded-css/ext.axd?v=20312" id="extnet-styles" />
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/extjs/ext-all-debug-js/ext.axd?v=20312"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/extjs/packages/ext_theme_gray/build/ext-theme-gray-debug-js/ext.axd?v=20312"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/extnet/extnet-all-debug-js/ext.axd?v=20312"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/extnet/locale/ext-locale-it-debug-js/ext.axd?v=20312"></script>
    <title>

</title>
        <script type="text/javascript">
        //<![CDATA[
            Ext.net.ResourceMgr.init({id:"ctl00",theme:"gray"});Ext.onReady(function(){Ext.create("Ext.form.field.Text",{id:"ctl01",margin:1,renderTo:"App.ctl01_Container",width:150,labelWidth:50});});
        //]]>
        </script>
    </head><body>        <div id="App.ctl01_Container"></div>
    <!-- Visual Studio Browser Link -->
    <script type="application/json" id="__browserLink_initializationData">
        {"appName":"Chrome","requestId":"2204526a851b43b7a48b77cd347d208f"}
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://localhost:50689/215b89c0b4bc48ad84d45262479703d4/browserLink" async="async"></script>
    <!-- End Browser Link -->

</body></html>

Not working example (mine)

Html part:

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="TextboxSize.aspx.vb" Inherits="BBros.ExtCookbook.TextboxSize" %>

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head runat="server">
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
        <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>

</body>
    </html>
    I have this in codebehind:
    Public Class TextboxSize
        Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
            Dim rm As New Ext.Net.ResourceManager
            Me.Controls.Add(rm)
            Dim txtUser As New Ext.Net.TextField With {.ID = "UserNameTextbox", .Width = 150, .LabelWidth = 50, .Margin = 1}
            Me.Controls.Add(txtUser)
        End Sub

End Class
    and my page source is

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
        <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/extjs/packages/ext_theme_gray/build/resources/ext-theme-gray-all-embedded-css/ext.axd?v=20312" id="ext-theme" />
        <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/extnet/resources/css/extnet-all-embedded-css/ext.axd?v=20312" id="extnet-styles" />
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/extjs/ext-all-js/ext.axd?v=20312"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/extjs/packages/ext_theme_gray/build/ext-theme-gray-js/ext.axd?v=20312"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/extnet/extnet-all-js/ext.axd?v=20312"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/extnet/locale/ext-locale-it-js/ext.axd?v=20312"></script>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><title>

</title>
        <script type="text/javascript">
        //<![CDATA[
            Ext.net.ResourceMgr.init({id:"ctl03",theme:"gray"});Ext.onReady(function(){Ext.create("Ext.form.field.Text",{id:"UserNameTextbox",margin:1,renderTo:"App.UserNameTextbox_Container",width:150,labelWidth:50});});
        //]]>
        </script>
    </head>
    <body>

<!-- Visual Studio Browser Link -->
    <script type="application/json" id="__browserLink_initializationData">
        {"appName":"Chrome","requestId":"47be39a861634cea8eb0d43e7ef2b049"}
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://localhost:50689/215b89c0b4bc48ad84d45262479703d4/browserLink" async="async"></script>
    <!-- End Browser Link -->

</body>
    </html>
    <div id="App.UserNameTextbox_Container"></div>
    Well, yes, you are adding the TextField into the Page's Controls. You should put it into a <body> or a <form> (if exists).

For example:

Markup
    <body id="Body" runat="server">
    Code Behind
    Me.Body.Controls.Add(txtUser)
    or

Markup
    <body runat="server">
        <form runat="server">
            <ext:ResourceManager runat="server" />
        </form>
    </body>
    Code Behind
    Me.Form.Controls.Add(txtUser)
    Thanks Daniil, now I have been able to have a source code identical to Raphael's one, EXCEPT for one thing.
    Raphael's code addresses css and javascript resources that have "debug" in those paths, in my case this won't happen.

So changing the ResourceManager declaration, using ScriptMode = Debug, I don't have the issue anymore.
     Dim rm As New Ext.Net.ResourceManager With {.ScriptMode = Ext.Net.ScriptMode.Debug}
    In my opinion you can mark this post closed.
    Are you now able to reproduce this behavior? In the beginning you can't do it, and me neither on Win7 or other computer, so I really don't know what else to check.
    Does debug script mode impact in some performance issue?

Tnx
    Last edited by bbros; Dec 30, 2014 at 8:41 AM.
    Generally speaking, there must not be any difference between a minified version of JavaScript files like ext-all.js and non-minified - ext-all-debug.js.

Though, once I faced the issue when the files behaved a bit different for some scenario. I don't remember the details. I would say that there might be a possibility that the JavaScript minifier does something wrong.

Raphael, can you reproduce the issue with ScriptMode="Release"?
    I am gonna try to reproduce the issue. Please wait some minutes
    Everything works as expected on ScriptMode set to Release.

Bbros, is your browser panning and zooming?

If you agree, i can connect to your pc remotely tomorrow, anytime you want.
    I'd like to inform that i also tested with all possible themes and i was not able to reproduce.
    No zoom, do you use skype? I sent you an e-mail with my contact for sharing my desktop with you.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast