[CLOSED] What is the Tablet support?

[CLOSED] What is the Tablet support?

Hi,

I read that:
    Ext.NET 3.0.0 is here with lots of new cool features and now with tablet support!

But on your website I cannot find anything about the tablet support.
    In the examples I do not see anything about TouchListeners (Events / Listeners).

Can you inform me what this tablet support means?

I still doubt on continuing with Ext.net because of the new price policy. Upgrading to version 3 may be no such a problem, but the continuity is not there because version 4 will be at a much higher price. I will base my decision on what this tablet support is.

Thanks,

Hans
    Last edited by Daniil; Dec 31, 2014 at 3:49 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hello Hans,

That is a good question.

I think first of all the tablet support means that everything is supposed to be working on tablet devices. It wasn't in the previous versions of Ext.NET and ExtJS.

Here are some official words on that:
    http://docs-origin.sencha.com/extjs/...whats_new.html

Tablet Support & New Themes

One of the most exciting additions to the Ext JS 5 feature set is support for devices with touch-screen input, including tablets and touch-screen laptops. This feature will allow you to get your Ext JS applications up and running on touch-screen devices with minimal modification. That means that you can spend less time thinking about compatibility issues and more time implementing great functionality.

Ext JS 5 welcomes the addition of two new themes: Neptune Touch and Crisp.

The Neptune Touch theme takes the modern and minimalistic look and feel of Neptune and adapts it for use in touch-centric context. This is achieved by increasing the size of some tappable elements to make the theme more touch-friendly.

The Crisp theme takes Neptune Touch and modifies the default colors, icons, etc, while keeping the same touch-friendly dimensions. Both Crisp and Neptune Touch give you an excellent starting point for creating your own custom themes. When building from these themes, you can easily customize sizing and spacing, colors, fonts, icons, borders, etc.
    As for touch events support, you can find them in common Listeners and DirectEvents. For example, Tap and DoubleTap. Here you can find a list of supported gestures:
    http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/5.1/5.1...ure.Recognizer

Unfortunately, we don't have examples of using gestures. Hopefully, we will add over time.

Here is a couple of words about our Examples Explorers by Geoffrey.
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...l=1#post221031

The Examples Explorer was not built to be an iPad specific application, nor to specifically demonstrate the Crisp Touch theme. It's something we'll work on over time, but for now it's still mostly a desktop browser specific application, although from the testing I've done it does work well in iOS.
    The Responsive functionality is also quite essential for the tablet support.
    https://examples3.ext.net/#/Miscella...sponsive/Basic

You can set up layout rules depending on the orientation which is very actual for tablet devices.
    Last edited by Daniil; Sep 18, 2015 at 12:22 PM.
    Hi Daniil,

Thanks for your explanation.
    First about Ext.Net and performance on tablets:

I think first of all the tablet support means that everything is supposed to be working on tablet devices. It wasn't in the previous versions of Ext.NET and ExtJS.
    Users of the web sites i develop are more and more using iPads and i have adjusted the stylesheets for Ext.Net objects (buttons, menu's, gridpanels etc) in such a way that the web sites are working and accessible / usable on iPads. Adjustments are mainly in size, but also in color settings. With these stylesheet i can also adjust the layout to corporate identities.

The only thing where my web applications do not work on iPads is when 'drag and drop' features are involved. Dragging data from a gridpanel into a map. Or dragging data from one gridpanel into another gridpanel.
    When that will be possible in the new version that will be a great improvement (at least for me). Can you confirm this?

Hans
    Hans,

I just tried some of the drag/drop examples from Sencha's 5.0.0 examples on my tablet (Android "lollipop"), using Chrome browser) and drag/drop seemed to work. It often requires a long press to start the drag process (a new event which Ext JS now recognizes).

So you might find some drag/drop works.

Anyway, the other consideration from an accessibility point of view as well (regardless of tablet or desktop) is to try to also provide alternatives to drag and drop in case people have trouble dragging and dropping (e.g. motor skills may be lacking, or it may just not be obvious that something can be dragged).

I think most good complex apps I can think of tend to do this when it comes to drag/drop.

Hope that helps as well?
    Anup, thank you for sharing your experience! It is very valuable.

Or dragging data from one gridpanel into another gridpanel.
    I just tried this example on ipad.
    https://examples3.ext.net/#/DragDrop/Grid/Grid_to_Grid/

It works. As Anup said, it requires a long press to start the drag process.

Users of the web sites i develop are more and more using iPads and i have adjusted the stylesheets for Ext.Net objects (buttons, menu's, gridpanels etc) in such a way that the web sites are working and accessible / usable on iPads. Adjustments are mainly in size, but also in color settings. With these stylesheet i can also adjust the layout to corporate identities.
    Please clarify do you mean that you were able to do that with Ext.NET v2?
    It might be interesting to take a look on: http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?55861
    Last edited by RCN; Mar 04, 2015 at 11:05 PM.
    Hello!

Here's an update that you may find interesting!

Ext.NET Mobile - Beta Now Available.

And yes, that's what it suggests: Ext.NET now has a publicly accessible version of the "modern" framework of ExtJS 6! Got a version 4 key? You are then eligible for using it with your current license key then!

Note: without a Ext.NET version 4 license key you can use and test Ext.NET Mobile on development environment/evaluation only!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hi Fabricio,

Amazing that i still get a reaction on a thread i started in 2014.

But for me, as a self employed developer requiring only a single user licence, the price of Ext.Net is far too high. So i'm using other toolkits now.

Bye Hans