[CLOSED] ext Window Showing Problem

[CLOSED] ext Window Showing Problem

Hi

First of all I want to thank you for the great efforts you are putting in such wonderful and cool suite.
    I have a problem and maybe not closely related to the Coolite suite but this is the first time I encounter this problem during using the suite. However, I'm using a ViewPort Control and added 3 buttons to the Panel in the North region, now one of the buttons is used to show a Window Control, I add the following code:

<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">

<ext:Button runat="server" CommandArgument="" CommandName="" Icon="Find" IconCls="icon-Find"

OnClientClick="#{Window2}.show();" Text="Filter" ID="ctl35">

</ext:Button>

</form>

</body>
    and when I run the page I get the following error: Input String was not in a correct format.
    i tired using this code:
    <ext:Button runat="server" CommandArgument="" CommandName="" Icon="Find" IconCls="icon-Find"

OnClientClick="Window2.show();" Text="Filter" ID="ctl35">
    and it worked fine but it only works once, meaning that a post back must occur in order to be able to show the window again.

Thanks for your Attention.
    Regards,
    Yaser

RE: [CLOSED] ext Window Showing Problem

Hi*Yaser,

It appears the code sample you posted is correct, although a possible cause of the problems may be because of a JavaScript error getting thrown somewhere.*

Can you post a full (simplified) .aspx sample demonstrating how to reproduce the error?

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hi Geoffrey,

Thanks for your reply. I discovered where the problem is, in the Window control, the Close Action Property must be set to Hide instead of Close. In this way no post back is required to re initialize the control. Is this the normal behavior of the Window Control? Thanks for your support.

Hi Yaser,

If CloseAction="Close" is set on the <ext:Window>, the Window will be destroyed when closed. Once destroyed the Window will not be available again client-side using JavaScript until recreated on a postback.

If CloseAction="Hide" then the Window will be hidden when closed and not destroyed. If hidden, the Window can still be used within other JavaScript functions/logic.

The default value of the CloseAction property has changed in the v0.6 release from "Close" to "Hide". Please see Item #2 in the following v0.6 breaking changes - http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...1404-12-1.aspx

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hi Geoffrey,
    Thanks for your explanation, and that is what I thought when I noticed the Close Action Property in my project. That was helpful and I'll make sure to read the breaking changes in v0.6. Thanks again.