Datetime

Datetime

Hello,

In my database I use frequently date fields which contain time information. I can't find anything on how data maps from a single field in forms or grids into the underlying store which has an appropriate date record field. Mind that for my form I use (JS):

myFormPanel.getForm().updateRecord(myStore.getAt(x));
    Is a datefield capable of containing time information? How do other people cope with this?

I would very much appreciate any help.

Wtower

RE: Datetime

I would like to share this with the forum maybe someone could benefit.

After a couple of days of evaluating possible solutions, what I did to deal with datetime fields of the database within forms, is to add one more timefield below the datefield. Of course the data exchange from the store would not fill in any value, so this had to be done additionally in code behind or in JS. In order to update the database field in an ajax operation, all need to be done is get the additional timefield value either enabling view state (which I personally despise) or by providing as an additional ajax parameter and then appending the value onto the date field.

I was not able to a similar thing though when a datetime field would be required in a grid. The only solution I can think of is to open an extra form for each one of the records. This issue has been discussed in:

http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?3919

A sample would be much welcome.

Regards
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Jan 11, 2011 at 10:18 PM.