[CLOSED] Local vs Remote

[CLOSED] Local vs Remote

Using the example of Simple Tasks, when I added a pager, I found malfunctioning. If I had a pagesize = 10, showed me around on the first page.

Thinking ... sorting and grouping functions and pagination not ... and in the code there is nothing that brings together and ordered ...

Looking for a little meeting that putting RemotePaging = false, paging also works, it's wonderful ...

But after this problem I come a series of questions:

Why RemotePaging is initialized to true, and RemoteFilter, RemoteGroup, RemoteSort to false? There would have more sense that everything was local or remote?

Why else Local works wonderfully, it is possible to do remote?

I understand they do in local mode, makes all records are loaded into memory and this makes it not suitable for many records I wrong?

At what point that number of records is convenient to do so remotely?

What sense does do some things locally and other remotely?

I hope I explained well, and that does not look silly.

thank you very much
    Last edited by Daniil; Dec 21, 2014 at 1:24 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi @threewonders,

Why RemotePaging is initialized to true, and RemoteFilter, RemoteGroup, RemoteSort to false? There would have more sense that everything was local or remote?

Yes, you might be right. Though, there are some history/reasons/conditions why there are such settings by default. Anyways, you can set any settings that you need.

Why else Local works wonderfully, it is possible to do remote?
    Not sure I understand the question well. The local paging approach is done entirely on client and it is enough just to have a PagingToolbar and RemotePaging="false" to get it working. The remote paging approach assumes that a Store initiates a request to server with respective parameters (start, limit, page). A developer is supposed to deal with that request, i.e. handle it on server. It cannot be pre-implemented in Ext.NET. Hope that answers your question.

I understand they do in local mode, makes all records are loaded into memory and this makes it not suitable for many records I wrong
    Yes, the remote paging approach is handy when there is a lot of rows. From one side, too many data might be too heavy for a browser, it might be freezing/hanging up storing/rendering all the data. It is a performance aspect. From another side, a user cannot look at too many records at once. It is a UI design aspect.

At what point that number of records is convenient to do so remotely?
    I would say if there are > 100 records, you can start think of remote paging, but there are no exact limits/recommendations. Besides the number of rows it depends on quite a bunch of conditions. How many fields (and, respectively, columns in a GridPanel) you have in a record. How you show that record in, for example, a GridPanel. For example, there is a lot of custom Renderers or not. What browsers you are targeting on. It is IE7-8 or the last IE, Chrome and Firefox. There is a big difference in performance between these browsers. It all is regarding the performance aspect. From the UI design perspective, you should decide/determine what the most convenient way for your end user. Then you can try exactly that most convenient way and see if any performance problems pop up. If any, you start finding a balance between convenience and performance.

What sense does do some things locally and other remotely?
    Well, it depends on the application and the end user's requirements and I have seen different sets of these settings, but usually yes, it is either all local or all remote.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Daniil; Dec 05, 2014 at 10:04 AM.
    Thank you very much, it's a great explanation.

But looking examples escape me some things. For example:

https://examples2.ext.net/#/GridPane...l_Data_Paging/

RemotePaging defaults to true, so that paging is done on the server side. But there is not nothing, provided all records are returned.

How is it possible?

A greeting !!
    RemotePaging is true by default only if a Store has some kind of remote Proxy, for example, PageProxy or AjaxProxy. There is no any proxy in the example that you mentioned. So, RemotePaging is false.