NOTICE: EXT.NET Pricing and Licensing Change

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    @Mario - You are a Premium Member and already have an Ext.NET 2.x License Key. You are not required to upgrade to Ext.NET 3.x and not required to pay $3500. You can continue to develop your application without interruption as you had planned.

If among one years Sencha decides to sell his license to 1 million dollars?
    This will not be a guarantee of reliability.
    This is not correct!
    Shit!
    I understand the frustration, but lets keep the hyperbole out of this conversation.

Sencha is was very unfair with its members ... and even more with its partners.
    No comment.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Due to the huge (literally) increase in the license's cost and the fact that Sencha's store still offers 1 developer renewal option is there any possibility the "special" upgrade period for single developers be prolonged a bit?

Personal opinion:
    I think Sencha (I explicitly refer to them on purpose) thinks the platform suits large scale projects better. Maybe true but better does not necessarily mean alone.

Here, ExtJS is combined with .NET. In this perspective, Sencha and Microsoft seem to take opposite directions especially since the later open sourced C# and is now offering a free, community edition of Visual Studio 2013!

Last but not least, Sencha starts reminding me of ... Borland! Note, for example, what happened to Delphi -once a most powerful and probably the best tool for windows development alas (still) incredibly expensive.
    I repeat: a change so hard was to be announced much earlier than 3 months.

@geoffrey.mcgill
    When you choose to develop with a product we expect a certain continuity and linearity ... even in licensing fees.

When I chose to invest in EXT.NET 2.x I hypothesized that the version 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, etc... would cost equal to an update or a little more.

If I had known that the transition from 2.x to 3.x would cost 6 times as much (!), I would not have bought even the version 2.x

No comment.
    @geoffrey.mcgill,
    this is not an accusation against you.
    Personally I appreciate your effort and your correctness... but Sencha with this choice is putting in big trouble many developers.

Read this:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?292734

Excuse me.
    No comment.
    @geoffrey.mcgill,
    this is not an accusation against you.
    Personally I appreciate your effort and your correctness... but Sencha with this choice is putting in big trouble many developers.
    You said "Sencha is was very unfair with its members ... and even more with its partners." and Geoffrey said "No comment". IMO, it meant something like "Yes, that is true and we don't quite have anything to add to your statement".

Thank you for the link. Yes, we read it already. Personally, I share all the frustration.

Last but not least, Sencha starts reminding me of ... Borland!
    Yes, we also remembered that story.
    Is there any link where I can read Borland! story.
    This link appears to be relevant.
    http://programmers.stackexchange.com...borland-delphi
    Due to the huge (literally) increase in the license's cost and the fact that Sencha's store still offers 1 developer renewal option is there any possibility the "special" upgrade period for single developers be prolonged a bit?
    A renewal option is available in Ext.NET as well, but it doesn't mean you acquire a new license for Ext.NET v3 (ExtJS 5 in the Sencha case). It is only a renewal of premium support.

5 developers licence company-bound?

Hi team,

is it possible to find 4 other developers to buy this licence or is it kind of company-bound?

Regards
    Ingo

P.S. Don't you have any influence on sencha? You will be loosing a lot of customers. I was already looking for alternatives yesterday when I saw the new pricing.
    is it possible to find 4 other developers to buy this licence
    Sencha specifically states this is not acceptable.

P.S. Don't you have any influence on sencha?
    Yes, we have have some influence, but they disregarded our position. In no way did we agree with their decision to change the licensing.

You will be loosing a lot of customers.
    Yes, agreed, and we're not happy about it either. That said, the company and project are doing well and we continue to make big investments in Ext.NET.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Upgrade from EXT.NET v.2 to v3

Hi EXT support
    I am currently using V.2 and I'm having a hard time finding the upgrade to V3 price?
    Could you please inform me what the upgrade price is?
    Thanks
    Semasio
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast