NOTICE: EXT.NET Pricing and Licensing Change

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

NOTICE: EXT.NET Pricing and Licensing Change

We would like to keep any forum discussions related to the upcoming EXT.NET licensing change within this forum thread.

We will do our best to respond to all questions and comments.

EDIT: As of August 2019, single developer licensing is available again. See pricing for details.
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Aug 10, 2019 at 10:41 PM.
    Hi
    1.Currently I have Ext.Net 2.X license is it effecting after 31-12-2014?
    2.If I purchase 3.x license only before 31-12-2014 how much it will cost?and then after 31-12-2014 any time I want to add Premium Support for 3.x how much I have to pay?
    3.After expiring my current premium support (I think June-2015) how much it will cost for renewal?

Its a very bad news to me that Ext.Net remove single developer license ,cost for five developer license as per my currency is (Rs. 209940.00) is huge for me. :(
    Last edited by matrixwebtech; Nov 24, 2014 at 12:00 PM.
    Hi matrixwebtech,

Thank you for the excellent questions.

1.Currently I have Ext.Net 2.X license is it effecting after 31-12-2014?
    Any existing Ext.NET license keys do not expire. They never expire. After 2014-12-31 your Ext.NET 2.x license key will continue to work as expected in any Ext.NET 2.x application.

2.If I purchase 3.x license only before 31-12-2014 how much it will cost?and then after 31-12-2014 any time I want to add Premium Support for 3.x how much I have to pay?
    If you have a valid Ext.NET Premium Support subscription, upgrading from Ext.NET 2.x to Ext.NET 3.x would be $599 USD.

Upgrading from Ext.NET 2.x to Ext.NET 3.x with an expired (or no) Premium Support subscription would be $799 USD.

We'll be sending an email to all existing customers and newsletter subscribers soon. The email will also contain a coupon code to obtain a discount, so watch for those emails.

3.After expiring my current premium support (I think June-2015) how much it will cost for renewal?
    For all existing Single Developer Premium Support subscriptions, you are not forced to purchase Premium Support for 5 Developers. In your scenario, Premium Support renewal is currently priced at $299 USD per year.

In summary,

If you are an existing Ext.NET 2.x Single Developer license owner:
    1. Your Ext.NET 2.x license key never expires
    2. You can upgrade to Ext.NET 3.x before 2014-12-31
    3. You can choose not to upgrade after 2014-12-31
    4. Premium Support renewal options and future renewal fees remain the same

If you are an existing Ext.NET 3.x Single Developer license owner:
    1. Your Ext.NET 3.x license key never expires
    2. You are entitled to all Ext.NET 3.x future upgrades, including 3.1, 3.2, 3.x, etc.
    3. Premium Support renewal options and future renewal fees remain the same

If you are evaluating Ext.NET and plan to purchase prior to 2014-12-31:
    1. You can purchase Ext.NET 3.x Single Developer licenses directly from the Store
    2. Your Ext.NET 3.x license key never expires
    3. You are entitled to all Ext.NET 3.x future upgrades, including 3.1, 3.2, 3.x, etc.
    4. Premium Support renewal options and future renewal fees remain the same

I hope this helps answer your questions.
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Nov 25, 2014 at 2:03 AM.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

question about future

Hi geoffrey,

a question about future...

If I buy a single license before 31/12/2014 with premium support and then, on next years I periodically renew my premium subsciption ... on the future change from v3 to v4 on 2015 or 2016... how would be the price renewal from 3.x to 4.x inside premium support period? I will be forced to renew to 5 developer license?

Thanks

Nicodemus
    Hi,

I would like to express my sadness for this extreme price increases :( It will be 3 times expensive than similar competitive products (Telerik, Devexpress, Infragistics, ComponentOne...). Why? Yes, I know that quality and easyness must cost... but why so much?

I was planing to start project with ext.net and this is so discouraging. 3500 USD is a lot of money, particularly in less developed countries. Small projects can not recover so much money.

Is there any plans for cheaper version? Maybe with reduced funcionality?
    Unfortunatelly, as we wrote in article (http://ext.net/notice-ext-net-pricing-licensing-change/), it is not our decision

Sencha doesn't sell anymore Single Developer license, you can read about it here
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?292734
    I was planing to start project with ext.net and this is so discouraging.
    You still have a time to purchase Single Developer license (Until the end of the 2014)
    Hi @SaleCar
    I was planing to start project with ext.net and this is so discouraging. 3500 USD is a lot of money, particularly in less developed countries. Small projects can not recover so much money.
    I agree with you.

Hi @geoffrey.mcgill
    Thanks for elaboration.but I have a question in my mind may be I am wrong, you told here

Sencha is no longer selling Single Developer Ext JS licenses to Ext.NET customers. This is related to a change Sencha implemented on October 1, 2015 where they no longer offer single developer licensing on any of their products.
    My thinking is Sencha and EXT.Net tow different company and EXT.Net use a commercial product of Sencha to produce their(EXT.Net's) own product.Then why EXT.Net's price and license conditions depends on Sencha?after all 3500 USD is to high for many developers.

Hi @Vladimir
    Unfortunatelly, as we wrote in article (http://ext.net/notice-ext-net-pricing-licensing-change/), it is not our decision
    Why not?
    Last edited by matrixwebtech; Nov 28, 2014 at 3:58 AM.
    If I buy a single license before 31/12/2014 with premium support and then, on next years I periodically renew my premium subsciption ... on the future change from v3 to v4 on 2015 or 2016... how would be the price renewal from 3.x to 4.x inside premium support period? I will be forced to renew to 5 developer license?
    At the moment there is no single developer upgrade option from 3.x to 4.x. At the moment this scenario would require an upgrade to the new Ext.NET Enterprise license (up to 5 developers).

But... the upgrade to 4.x is a long way off, and a lot can change between now and then. Given that Ext.NET 3.0 has not reached it's first final release yet, I would predict any discussion of Ext.NET 4 is at least 2 years away.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    I would like to express my sadness for this extreme price increases :( It will be 3 times expensive than similar competitive products (Telerik, Devexpress, Infragistics, ComponentOne...). Why? Yes, I know that quality and easyness must cost... but why so much?
    The Ext.NET Enterprise pricing is relative to the new Sencha licensing costs.

As well, until Dec 31, 2014 you can purchase a Single Developer license.

Yes, we agree and understand.

As of January 1st, 2015, the minimum Ext.NET license option available will be the Ext.NET Enterprise ($3500).
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast