[CLOSED] Running Ext v1 and Ext v2 side by side

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[CLOSED] Running Ext v1 and Ext v2 side by side

I would like to know if anyone else is running both versions of Ext.Net together. It has presented some unique problems for us.

Currently I am having trouble running the HtmlEditor Plugin (VinylFox), but other plugins, like treeviewdragdrop, which is encapsulated in an ext control, wortk fine.

I also have not been able to use an override with HtmlEditor. Control exists in Firebug, but is undefined when using Ext.getCmp.

Anyone else forced to go this dual route?
    Last edited by Daniil; Sep 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    I don't think running Ext.NET v1.x and v2.x in parallel in the same application is possible. There are client-side and server-side api breaking changes between the two releases, so you would run into conflicts right away.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Hi,

Just to clarify: if you want to use some JavaScript ExtJS plugin in Ext.NET v2 (such as the HtmlEditor plugin by @VinylFox), this plugin must be written for ExtJS 4. As far as I know @VinylFox maintains his plugins. Is there no a version for ExtJS 4?
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    I don't think running Ext.NET v1.x and v2.x in parallel in the same application is possible. There are client-side and server-side api breaking changes between the two releases, so you would run into conflicts right away.
    I'm running both apps in parallel. I changed the namespace namimg for Ext v1, which solved the server side issues. They can't be on the same page together, but v2 can run alone or in an iframe

@Daniil - I'm running his latest version but that looks like it hasn't been updated since 2009. This comment on his plugin page should be helpful. Thanks for your comment.

Catalinux permalink
    One hint for who ever wants to use with ExtJS4. One of the problem is usage of
    this.cmp.getToolbar().addButton method . You have to use
    this.cmp.getToolbar().add method.
    There are other things to do, but this will give you a fresh start . Otherwise you toolbar wil not be populated and the html editor will not go for width & height you would expect.
    For references:
    https://github.com/VinylFox/ExtJS.ux.HtmlEditor.Plugins
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...Editor.Plugins

On the last post (#145) of the Sencha thread I see this link:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...gin.HtmlEditor

@ateodorescu seems to updated the plugins for ExtJS 4.

Ext license in dual imp scenario

Thanks for the comments Daniil. I wll not be able to look into that for a few weeks, but will get back to you with my findings.

I am wondering, do we need two seperate licences for the two seperate ext's? Or can we use the same? I have two seperate entries in web config using same key.

<section name="extnet1" type="Ext.v1Net.GlobalConfig" requirePermission="false" /> 
    <section name="extnet2" type="Ext.Net.GlobalConfig" requirePermission="false" />
    Right now we get Unlicensed message.
    I am a bit confused. Why do you need two license key entries in Web.config, if you are using the single Ext.NET in the application?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    I am a bit confused. Why do you need two license key entries in Web.config, if you are using the single Ext.NET in the application?
    I think I am more confused at your reply :-) this thread is about using both Ext1 & Ext2 in same application.
    Perhaps you did not notice the difference in the two "sections" referenced:
    <section name="extnet1 "type="Ext.v1Net.GlobalConfig"
    <section name="extnet2" type="Ext.Net.GlobalConfig"
    See the difference in the namespace?

Here is the corresponding nodes in web.config:
    <extnet1 cleanResourceUrl="True" showWarningOnAjaxFailure="false" gzip="False" renderScripts="Embedded" renderStyles="Embedded" scriptAdapter="Ext" scriptMode="Debug" sourceFormatting="True" theme="Default" initScriptMode="Inline" quickTips="True" licenseKey="xxxxxxxxsamexxxxxxxx" />
    <extnet2 cleanResourceUrl="True" showWarningOnAjaxFailure="false" gzip="False" renderScripts="Embedded" renderStyles="Embedded" scriptAdapter="Ext" scriptMode="Debug" sourceFormatting="True" theme="Default" initScriptMode="Inline" quickTips="True" licenseKey="xxxxxxxxsamexxxxxxxx" />
    So right now, once we moved code to development server we are seeing both unlicensed warnings appear.
    Last edited by betamax; Sep 12, 2013 at 2:42 PM.
    Sorry, I still had an impression that using v1 and v2 in parallel is not possible.

I would like to get it working on my side first.

So, I copied Ext.NET v1 project, changed its Default Namespace and Assembly Name to Ext.v1.Net. It builds OK.

Then I refer Ext.Net.dll (v2) and Ext.v1.Net.dll (v1) in a VS test project. It builds OK.

Then I tried the following test case.

Parent Page
    <%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Ext.Net" Namespace="Ext.Net" TagPrefix="ext" %>

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head runat="server">
        <title>Ext.NET v2 Example</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form runat="server">
            <ext:ResourceManager runat="server" />

<ext:Panel runat="server" Height="300" Width="300">
                <Loader runat="server" Mode="Frame" Url="Test.aspx" />
            </ext:Panel>
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>
    Child Page
    <%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Ext.v1.Net" Namespace="Ext.v1.Net" TagPrefix="ext1" %>

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head runat="server">
        <title>Ext.NET v1</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form runat="server">
            <ext1:ResourceManager runat="server" />

Hello from v1!
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>
    The Child Page cannot load the JavaScript and CSS resources. Are they loaded on your side?
    Yes... the controls cannot exist on the same page. We have master pages set up in both Ext 1 and Ext 2 and we can only combine them using iframes, primarily in tabpanels, and in independent ext window controls.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast