[CLOSED] TabPanel - SideTabs: Display issue in IE DocumentMode 9

[CLOSED] TabPanel - SideTabs: Display issue in IE DocumentMode 9

If you look at the Side Tabs example using IE11 or IE10 in Document Mode 9 the tabs are not shown.

TabPanel -> Basic -> Side Tabs/

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SideTabs.IE10DM09.PNG 
Views:	19 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	17641   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SideTabs.IE10DM10.PNG 
Views:	19 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	17651  
    Last edited by Daniil; Dec 23, 2014 at 2:23 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi Chris,

I tested with IE10 in IE9 mode and I can config the issue is reproducible for me.

Though, I tested with an original IE9 and the issue appears to be not reproducible.

It might be a case when IE9 mode doesn't behave exactly the same as its original IE9 counterpart.

Please clarify are you able to reproduce it with the original IE9?
    Last edited by Daniil; Dec 23, 2014 at 8:33 AM.
    Correct, in pure IE9 it is not an issue. Have you run across many issues were the document mode does not equal the original?

That would be a pain for developers? Using document mode is the only way I can test older versions of IE to check what the end users might see.
    Have you run across many issues were the document mode does not equal the original?
    Not many. I would say it happens quite seldom, but it happens.

That would be a pain for developers? Using document mode is the only way I can test older versions of IE to check what the end users might see.
    Yes, using these modes helps a lot. I just keep in mind that it doesn't equal the original versions exactly.

Using virtual machines or services like BrowserStack might be an alternative approach.
    OK, I guess the thread can be closed if there is no need for a solution using IE11/IE10 with Document Mode IE9.

I will need to get our Admin to create a couple of VMs with the original browsers, since we are on a secure network and can not use BrowseStack.