Coolite v1 release date

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

RE: Coolite v1 release date

On the topic of documentation, I will say only that if I knew the release of version 1.0 was being delayed because documentation was a priority to be written before releasing, and it was going to cost us to wait even one more additional day, I'd much rather hear that 1.0 would be released as early as possible without documentation and released later as a separate download.

Besides, as valid as our friend's comment about documentation was above, we've all had to walk the same learning curve, and though documentation may have helped us along the way, it's definitely not the end all cure for the coding challenges faced daily. The examples have been 20 times more useful to me anyway. Moreover, the extjs documentation rides close enough on the UI side that even our friend above couldn't discount it.

When it comes right down to it, I'd much rather see a company like PACKT Publishing who wrote the Ext JS Cookbooks get onboard with Coolite and fill in the gaps. http://www.packtpub.com/ext-js-3-0-cookbook

I've got deadlines too. I'm 2 months behind, but until 1.0 is released, all deadlines are moot and documentation with the latest rev is lowest priority.

Just my contrarian 2 cents.

Full ACK Michael!

I wish I could say that my deadlines were moot. That is just not an option... The examples, while useful when I started, quickly became useless with the high level of complexity involved our application. They rendered themselves useful in a sense that I can reference them as far as what control is best for which type of layout or control needed but it ended there.

The ExtJS forum and tutorials are also very helpful. Most of the time, I find answers to my questions on ExtJS and just have to apply it to Coolite.

Best way to search ExtJS forum is using google plus "site:extjs.com". So a search would be like: "gridpanel selection site:extjs.com" .

Like I said, examples are nice but I am one of those niche case where many of the examples don't cover; I need comprehensive documentation. Many of my inquires in the forum went unanswered and I ended up finding the answer myself for some of them. Then again, I can't expect the Coolite team to sit and wait for me either.

Given I am using the GPL-Licensed version, I can't really complain that
    I don't get sufficient documentation or support. I've only mentioned
    this for the sake of Coolite's future so that more developers would
    adopt Coolite. I am only grateful for the Coolite team and wish for their success.

I am trying to get my procurement department to purchase the paid version of Coolite with support, but having trouble getting the paperwork through.. Hopefully it would go through soon!

Hello everybody,

The Ext.Net v1.1 is now available for download.

Download
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456