[CLOSED] Odd issue in IE 11 on the work computer

[CLOSED] Odd issue in IE 11 on the work computer

Hi:

I have another conundrum. When I use IE 11 on my work computer and I navigate to the examples site this is what I see:

Note the missing icons (they are replaced with the default icon) and the fonts that are chopped off.

I used the IE 11 tools and this is what I get when I selected the node icon:

This is what it should be on a computer where IE 11 doesn't exhibit this behavior:

Chrome & FF are fine.

I looked at the security settings for IE 11 but I couldn't find anything.

Have you guys seen this before? There must be some security settings in IE that control this.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ie11_examples.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	15591   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ie_img2.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	15601   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ie_img_on_my_computer.PNG 
Views:	31 
Size:	3.3 KB 
ID:	15611  
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Oct 15, 2014 at 6:28 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    It was a problem related to the compatibility view. On my work computer the compatibility view was set to 7. I changed it to Edge via the F12 - Developer Tools and it looks fine now.
    Thanks for posting an update and letting us know a solution has been found. This might help other community members in the future.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    I just wanted to add this. The action I suggested doesn't stick after you close IE.

Somehow IE 11 thinks your site is an intranet site. In the Tools->Compatibility View Settings the 'Display intranet sites in Compatibility View' was checked hence IE 11 used the compatibility view. I had to deselect the Automatically detect intranet network flag in the Local Intranet dialog launched from: Internet Options->Security, Sites button with Local Intranet selected.
    Last edited by bogc; Oct 15, 2014 at 7:09 PM.