Vs crashes in design view

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vs crashes in design view

Hi,

I have noticed that with 8.1 when I open the Design view in Visual Studio on one Page, Visual Studio freezes and shuts down. I downgraded to 8.0 and it works.

RE: Vs crashes in design view

That happens to me too, I don't know why but it has something to do with websites, when I changed the website to an ASP.NET WEBSITE APPLICATION the error just gone, but I think this is a major bug.

Thanks for reporting this issue. Does it happen when a certain control is on the Page?

I'm assuming you're both using VS 2008?

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Yes, I'm ussing vs 2008, and I'm not sure about the controls, but in my page i was using Buttons, CheckBoxes, TextFields and GridPanels

I think it could have to do with the Windows. Cause thats the only different Thing i have on the Site that crashes.

And yes Im also using VS 2008. And it happens in a WebSite Project not an WebApplication.

Bad news, it happens to me on a WebApplication, but I noticed something, when I open vs and try to change a webform to design view it crashes, but when I open vs and run the application, after stop the running I can change to design view normally.

Any light on this, sometimes it drives me crazy, I have to restart visual studio over and over.

I would like a resolution on this problem too, cause I can't use the Toolkit at this state.

Unfortunately we haven't been able to reproduce the problem based upon the descriptions provided above.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast