[CLOSED] UserControls in AccordionLayout

[CLOSED] UserControls in AccordionLayout

I will work up an example if needed, but first I will try to explain.

I have a Viewport with the West Region using a Panel defined as an AccordionLayout. The west region panel has two defined items, a) TreePanel and b) another panel. I also have two additional panels defined in separate ascx that were being conditionally loaded based on permission during PageLoad via UserControlRenderer. Everything worked great until I began to test logging out and back in as a different user.

My first attempt was to just load the two ascx files in the markup via UserControlLoader and decide later if I would show or hide them based on the user's permission, but I an AccordionLayout does not support this.

My second attempt was to just keep it in the PageLoad and decide later if I would show or hide, but how do I find the control. Instead of Hide/Show I could remove and recreate, but I need to change should of the ascx codebehind.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Daniil; Oct 13, 2014 at 3:08 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi Chris,

I would try not to add those Panels on the page at all, if the user's permissions don't allow them. Some pseudo code:
    if (the user has the permission)
    {
        this.Panel.Items.Add(exclusivePanel);
    }
    In this case you should not put those Panels on the page in markup.

...and decide later if I would show or hide them based on the user's permission, but I an AccordionLayout does not support this.
    I guess you've posted a separate thread for that.
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?44721
    Please close the thread. My workaround can be found here ... http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?44721