combine ext.net and bootstrap

combine ext.net and bootstrap

i have this huge project with performance issues. sadly enough all related to the ext.net controls so we decided to ditch most of the controls and replace them with bootstrap controls.

one of our biggest pages took 8 seconds to load with ext.net controls i was able to get the page to load in less than 2 seconds now. the one control we still want to use from ext.net is the grid.
    I have this grid with componentcolumns and i want dropdowns in it now these dropdowns need a specific function. people have to be able to search on the text as well as the value. i was able to make a dropdown with this function working but i can't find how i can link these (html selects) to the componentcolumn and it also needs to get the data from the store which is another difficult part.

if possible i want to ditch the whole ext store and just use a datasource as the standard asp.net controls use.

is this possible?
    what would be the steps i have to take?
    is there any way i can catch the data from the ext.net store in javascript/jquery?
    is there any known time for the performance issues to be fixed?
    Hi @sp00k,

i have this huge project with performance issues. sadly enough all related to the ext.net controls
    Yes, there might be problems. You are welcome to provide any additional information on that.

one of our biggest pages took 8 seconds to load with ext.net controls i was able to get the page to load in less than 2 seconds now.
    The excellent progress. Well done. Were you able to keep all the functionality?

8 seconds is too long. I am pretty sure there is a room for optimization in the Ext.NET part. Though, if it is already your decision to get rid of Ext.NET controls, never mind.

if possible i want to ditch the whole ext store and just use a datasource as the standard asp.net controls use.
    Please clarify why?

is this possible?
    I am not sure how you use the Stores that you want to get rid of. Do you mean a ComboBox under a "dropdown"?

is there any way i can catch the data from the ext.net store in javascript/jquery?
    Yes, there is.
    store.getRecodsValues();
    Or you can iterate each record if needed:
    http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.1/#...re-method-each

is there any known time for the performance issues to be fixed?
    Sorry, it is difficult to say without knowing what exactly you are talking about.
    Hi Daniil,

thanks for the reply.

first of all i want to say it's not that we want to get rid of the ext.net controls, but we are looking on what controls we do use with the ext.net functionality like the grid is one of the controls we use for it's functionality while most of our textboxes are just plain and simple textboxes we don't need more than a simple input there.

controls like desktop, grid, charts are the ones we want to keep using. while the simple/standard controls like textboxes / comboboxes / textarea's are the ones i'd like to replace if possible.

as for the ext store i want to get rid of it on the view itself because in my opinion it takes too much space and after having 20+ stores in one view it's one big mess.

one example would be my contract view it had over 20 comboboxes with 20 different stores in view the view was huge just because of these stores. now i replaced those combo's with html selects and fill the datasource in the codebehind and it makes a clean view.

with dropdowns i did mean comboboxes indeed.

store.getRecordsValues(); is just what i needed thank you. :)
    first of all i want to say it's not that we want to get rid of the ext.net controls ...
    Yes, I got it and, actually, I support that choice if it really helps to improve the performance. Using whatever works is a good way indeed. Bootstrap is good.

one example would be my contract view it had over 20 comboboxes with 20 different stores in view the view was huge just because of these stores. now i replaced those combo's with html selects and fill the datasource in the codebehind and it makes a clean view.
    I think it is possible to do the same with Ext.NET ComboBoxes:) Did you really need Stores? You can populate a ComboBox using its Items property.

Example
    <%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<script runat="server">
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            if (!X.IsAjaxRequest)
            {
                this.ComboBox1.Items.Add(new
                {
                    Item1 = 1,
                    Item2 = 2,
                    Item3 = 3
                });

this.ComboBox2.Items.Add(new Ext.Net.ListItem("Item 1", 1));
                this.ComboBox2.Items.Add(new Ext.Net.ListItem("Item 2", 2));
                this.ComboBox2.Items.Add(new Ext.Net.ListItem("Item 3", 3));
            }
        }
    </script>

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>
    <head runat="server">
        <title>Ext.NET v2 Example</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form runat="server">
            <ext:ResourceManager runat="server" />

<ext:ComboBox  ID="ComboBox1" runat="server" />

<ext:ComboBox  ID="ComboBox2" runat="server" />
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>
    with dropdowns i did mean comboboxes indeed.
    Just there is also an <ext:DropDownField> control. The best way to refer a control is to use exactly its name.