[CLOSED] Detect when user resizes a treepanel

[CLOSED] Detect when user resizes a treepanel

I have a BorderLayout with a TreePanel in the West Region. I attached a listener to the TreePanel's bodyresize event. I want to catch when the user resizes the TreePanel using the splitter. When that happens, I send a quick AjaxMethod to update a setting in the database. However, I notice that the bodyresize event is fired 3-4 times when the page first loads and also fired when the browser size changes. Is there another event that tracks when the user initiates the resize?

My current workaround is store the original width of the TreePanel and check during the event if the width changed before firing off the AjaxMethod. It works fine but just wondering if there's a better way.

RE: [CLOSED] Detect when user resizes a treepanel

Hi,

What about to handle StateSave(make request to save required data)/StateRestore(make request to retrive required data) events. Also there is StateEvents property where you can define additional events which will be fire StateSave event.

May be it is better to set Buffer="250" StateSave AjaxEvent

Thanks! StateSave is actually what I needed. Is there a point in using the ScriptManager's StateProvider? Instead of hooking on to the StateSave event for different controls, it would be awesome if there's a StateProvider that I can configure to hit an AjaxMethod or webservice to save the state of all controls.

Hi,

At this moment ScriptManager's StateProvider is not working actually. I think we need review that property. You can make own provider (for example see HttpProvider - http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24970) and add it as the following

var p = new Ext.state.MyProvider({
    });
    Ext.state.Manager.setProvider(p);

Thanks. A followup question to your original solution. Is there a way to see what actually changed in the state object? For example, the state object contains the collapsed and width property. Usually, only 1 of those property is changing.

I don't think that it is possible because control call getState function when one of the state's events occur. Control can't distinguish what exactly was changed

No problem. I can keep track of it externally. As usual, thanks for the fast response!