Filters for DataView?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Filters for DataView?

Is there anything similar to a GridFilter for a DataView? I have a DataView that has a custom template (really using it as a ext:Store driven repeater so that the items render as <li> elements). The great thing about this is that the PagingToolbar works on the Store, giving me paging in the DataView, but I also really need filtering.

GridFilter has all of the functionality that I need, and I assume it works on the ext:Store also, but it seems to only work inside the <Plugins> element of the GridPanel.

... any ideas that will give me filtering - short of writing it on my own?

RE: Filters for DataView?

The GridPanel Filter plugin might be easily adapted.

Out of interests sake, how to see applying the filters? What would the interface look like?

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

I was just looking at how easy it would be to adapt that plugin, since I noticed that if I added a GridPanel with the filter plugin on the same store (on the same page) as my DataView that when I apply filters to the GridPanel, they also automatically apply to the DataView.

It would be great if the filters were done as a menu (same as the GridPanel), such that I could add the filter menu inside a regular or split button on my own toolbar, a PagingToolbar, or some other random place on the page...

I also noticed that I can call .filter() on my store (on the client) to produce similar results... so, I might just make a simple menu for now (until something is added to coolite) that has Handlers that call filter() as I need.

Ext.data.Store.filter() and .clearFilter() don't work as well as I had wanted... I'll play with it more, but hopefully the next version of coolite will have a better solution.

Hi,

GridFilters plugin is using store.filter() function to filter grid. So, you don't need another filter tool. The great example which shows how to use store.filter is
    https://examples1.ext.net/#/GridPanel/MultiHeader/Filter/

Thanks Vladimir!

Vladimir - Thanks for the pointer to the MultiHeader sample, I was able to get what I needed... although, I still have one issue.

My Store has both a PagingToolbar and now filters (using nearly identical code to the MultiHeader sample), when I apply a filter it seems to only filter the current page worth of items... for example, I am currently on page 1 of 3 viewing 50 of 150 records. I apply a filter that reduces the record set to 30 - so they should all fit on the page, but of those 30 only 15 were on the first page. The result is that the DataView only shows 15 records... how do I get it to show all 30 and update the PagingToolbar to say "Displaying 1 - 30 of 30"?

Just in case the above only made sense to me: How do I get the filter to update both the store and the pager?

My store is a JsonReader, and all records are bound in the page's OnInit() - so the store's entire dataset is delivered with the page html.

Hrrmm... the filters at:
    https://examples1.ext.net/#/GridPane...dFilters_Local

Seem to adjust the paging... I'll go through the GridFilters code to see what I am missing.

Ok, I give up... changing the page on the PagingToolbar seems to clear the store's filter. I must be missing something, but I can't seem to find it.

Any ideas?

(in addition to the JS in the MultiHeader example)

If I add this to my store:
        <Listeners>
            <Load Handler="#{Store1}.filterBy(getRecordFilter());" />
        </Listeners>
    And this to my filter text field:
        <Listeners>
            <KeyUp Handler="#{Store1}.load();" Buffer="250" />
        </Listeners>
    Then the DataView updates to show all 50 items that match the filter (regardless of page), but the PagingToolbar updates from "displaying 1 - 48 of 150" to "displaying 1 - 50 of 150", but the page count still remains at 3... I would have expected this to change to "displaying 1-48 of 50" and the page count to change to 2.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast