datasource / design support?

datasource / design support?

3 days later, I'm still amazed! You guys have really put a lot of thought into this. I've been studying the example and looking at lots of javascript with the nice beautifier you sent me to. I'm trying to figure out the best way for me to do database access. I'm switching from using Jayrock to Newtonsoft for JSON. Makes sense since you wrote all the nice gu (I mean glue).

At anyrate, I'm wondering if you plan on adding designer support to ext:Store, and also to the GridPanel and other controls any time soon. That would be a huge help (I'm assuming it's not there now?).

Thanks for all the good work. I've been updating my svn every day and the changes are very much appreciated.

RE: datasource / design support?

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the feedback.

For the forseeable future we will not be focusing on designer support for the controls. What is currently built will remain, although very little new will be added until after the v1.0 release. Wicked designer support for *all* the controls will come with time.

In design-time, if the control renders a message stateing "Please configure in Source View", then there is no designer support for the control, other than the properties explorer.*

You might want to jump into the following thread and post your opinion, see*http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...d=229-7-1.aspx

Hope this helps.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder