[CLOSED] intellisense and debug mode.

[CLOSED] intellisense and debug mode.

with extjs, I was setting

/// <reference path="../../../Content/ExtJS/adapter/ext/ext-base.js" />
    /// <reference path="../../../Content/ExtJS/ext-all-debug.js />
    in my javascript file to get intellisense and the debug javascript files.

How can I do this with Coolite?

Also, I can't find a "search" in these forums. Am I going blind?

thanks,

RE: [CLOSED] intellisense and debug mode.

Hi Peter,

The following <reference> will read the embedded resource scripts directly from the Assembly.

Example

/// <reference name="Coolite.Ext.Web.Build.Resources.Coolite.extjs.adapter.ext.ext-base.js" assembly="Coolite.Ext.Web" />
    /// <reference name="Coolite.Ext.Web.Build.Resources.Coolite.extjs.ext-all-debug.js" assembly="Coolite.Ext.Web" />
    I believe the <reference> tags can only be added within .js files... Please let me know if otherwise.

Hope this helps.

P.s. The "search" link should be just to the right of the "FORUM HOME" link within the forum nav. I also make heavy use of the Google "site" search feature...

site:forums.ext.net mvc
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

thanks, I see the search button now. somehow, I was missing it before. :(

Yes, I am using external javascript files. I'm trying not to include the ExtJS files in my distribution so I don't get confused with what you have embedded verses what I have included. Is there a straight forward way to write what is in the dll's to my content directory? (it's OK if not, I'll just grab the same version from extjs and put it there).

Thanks,

Is there a straight forward way to write what is in the dll's to my content directory? (it's OK if not, I'll just grab the same version from extjs and put it there).
    The <reference> tag will look into the embedded resoure and build the intellisense. So, you shouldn't really need to copy a local version of the files.

But, if you want to add a local copy of the all the files, just drag a copy of the following folder into the root of your web project, see \trunk\Coolite.Ext.Web\Build\Resources\Coolite\.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hi Geoffrey,

I was wondering if you've had a chance to look at the external JS issue (referencing events from aspx page to external functions), or even itellisense in aspx files with script tags. I'm liking how your examples are looking with the code included in the aspx files, but not having intellisense would really slow me down. I saw you had some discussion with Jeff King about this so you likely not much more than I do about the viability of having intellisense in aspx files.

Thanks,

If you require intellisense with the .aspx page, the only solution I know in Visual Studio is to manually include the <script> tags onto your page and point to the a local path for the files.*

As noted earlier, pointing the <reference> tag to the Assembly location of the embedded .js file works great if you are working in an external .js file.*

Hope this helps.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

OK, thanks. I also just found the post you did (http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...2066-16-1.aspx). somehow I missed that. I need to study that some more.