Upgrading from 1.x to 2.5.2 - Some questions

Upgrading from 1.x to 2.5.2 - Some questions

After reading a lot of documentation, forum threads and doing tons of attempts, these are some of the questions that I still have:

• Has grid.save() been replaced with store.sync()? Is it possible that it is now much slower?
    • Is UpdateSelectedItems() now always necessary after selecting items in a combo or multicombo?
    • If a DirectEvent's Before function takes more than, say, 1 second, the DirectEvent method is not called. This happens, for example, with Before="store.sync()". Is this "ok"?
    • According to the API documentation, the Margin property can accept a string like '10 5 3 10', but that fails, as the property is Nullable<int>.
      Is the documentation wrong and is this property only useful for setting the same margin on all sides? Is "MarginSpec" the property to be used if you want different margins on each side?
      The same happens with BodyPadding, which supposedly accepts "a normal css string describing padding" but it's also a Nullable<int>.

Thanks and regards,

Andrew
    Last edited by ALobpreis; Jul 18, 2014 at 7:03 PM.
    Has grid.save() been replaced with store.sync()? Is it possible that it is now much slower?
    Yes, you have to use store.sync to save store changes on the server side. Why do you think that it is much slower now?

Is UpdateSelectedItems() now always necessary after selecting items in a combo or multicombo?
    UpdateSelectedItems is required when you change SelectedItems collectionon the server side during ajax request

If a DirectEvent's Before function takes more than, say, 1 second, the DirectEvent method is not called. This happens, for example, with Before="store.sync()". Is this "ok"?
    First, store.sync is async operation, it cannot take 1 sec because ajax request is used. Second, duration of Before handler should not affect on direct event execution. Direct event will be canceled if you return false only from Before handler

According to the API documentation, the Margin property can accept a string like '10 5 3 10', but that fails, as the property is Nullable<int>.
    Use MarginSpec if you want to define margin as css string
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    Yes, you have to use store.sync to save store changes on the server side. Why do you think that it is much slower now?
    Our application, with Ext.Net 1.0, called grid.save() on the ValidateEdit listener without a problem, but if I call store.sync(), the delay when moving from cell to cell is very noticeable.

First, store.sync is async operation, it cannot take 1 sec because ajax request is used. Second, duration of Before handler should not affect on direct event execution. Direct event will be canceled if you return false only from Before handler
    Well, for some reason, calling that prevents the DirectEvent to be called! Even though it's not recommended, I ended up creating a click listener who calls this sync and removing the Before from the click DirectEvent.

Use MarginSpec if you want to define margin as css string
    Yes, that's what I found out. So I think the documentation should be corrected, shouldn't it?

Thanks and regards,

Andrew
    Sync initiate request to the server, it should not affect on cell walking
    Also, i suggect to use AutoSync property instead calling sync manually in each ValidateEdit event because nearest requests can be buffered