[CLOSED] MVC - Grid CRUD with Form in a Window - Best Practices

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[CLOSED] MVC - Grid CRUD with Form in a Window - Best Practices

Hi all

Since I am new to Ext.NET and I see there are many ways for developing a certain functionality I would like to inquire abut the best practice solution when it comes to CRUD operations, grid and the record details presented in a window form.
    Do you post the model to the view (MVC style) and bind it to Store or have a separate service method (store proxy) for this...? Or something else? When it comes to sending the ID's over to the server for presenting the record details window and refreshing the grid after the update, delete or new insert, what would be the most convenient architecture?
    I understand this is a very generic question but I can't afford to waste time on a solution that will give me problems in further development and maintenance in the future and I scrap it eventually. A blog post or a working example(s) would also do. I have downloaded the MVC examples from your website and there I have seen that you use different methods so at the end of the day, what would you choose?

Thank you
    Last edited by Daniil; Aug 05, 2014 at 12:54 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]