Add new PickerValue property to Triggerfield

Add new PickerValue property to Triggerfield

I apologize if TriggerField already has this, but often times when you use the triggerfield with a picker dialog, you are selecting something with a name and an ID. Currently, TriggerField.setValue() will set the text displayed in the textbox. It would be great to add a new PickerValue property or something to the TriggerField that will persist on postback. On the clientside, I want to do TriggerField.setValue('NameOfItem', 'IDOfItem'). On server side, I want to retrieve those values back. I currently have my own custom control to do this but it would be great if this is part of the toolkit.

If we look at the TriggerField overview, the second trigger field selects a color. It would be nicer if the textbox displays 'Orange', but on the server side, I can get both the 'Orange' text and the color code back.

RE: Add new PickerValue property to Triggerfield

Hi Jacky,

This functionality does not currently exist within the TriggerField, although I can see how it would be useful. Creating a plugin for TriggerField might be good approach as well.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder