Border Layout

Border Layout

Hi!, first of all, congratulations for your work guys! I was trying to do it by myself already but only with containers, you know.. I was on my own.. Thought that no one was going to be interested in it cause everybody seems to be comfortable with the client-side/server-side gap! You guys prove that i was wrong! ;)

Well, this is my first experience with your tools so my question could seem pretty dumb...

I'm working with panels and i want my main container to have a border layout, however I didn't find a way to specify the regions or configure the child panels within regions, so i cannot set the position of them and therefore it does not look like a border layout...

Can you give me please some clues about using the border layout? Thank you!

PS: I would like to get involved, How can i help?

Oscar

RE: Border Layout

Hi Oscar,

This is just a quick reply re:BorderLayout support. I will post a more detailed response to your other questions shortly.

At the moment BorderLayout has not been implemented in the Coolite controls, but it is being worked on right now. Support for ViewPost and various layouts (including BorderLayout) will be included with version 0.5.

I expect version 0.5 to drop early April. The GridPanel should also be included with that release.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Well, thanks for your answer. Sad for me but i will have to wait then.. of course i'm still interested in the other questions...

Cheers,

Oscar

You might be interested in the following blog post.
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Feb 22, 2011 at 2:18 AM.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Wow! Good work guys!

When do you think the release is going to be ready?

I was checking the implementation of the DatePicker and i've realized that there are some issues with it that i will report in the proper forum. I think other peolple has been detected them before, so i would like to know: Have you made any changes to the DatePicker for in this new release?

Congratulations for the excellent work!

Oscar

Hi Oscar,

I'm going to dedicate some time to the DatePicker before we release 0.5. It's the one control in the whole toolkit where there's a pretty big disconnect between the .NET framework and the date processing scripts in ExtJS. We have a pretty good solution to fix this, but it's just a matter of getting the time to focus on the problem. I will do my best.
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Feb 22, 2011 at 2:19 AM.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hi Geoffrey,

I've really been enjoying seeing all the examples. I'm seeing a problem when viewing in Firefox 2.0.0.11 on Mac OS X. The Code popup window scroll bar is displaying over the top of the examples (on load, without clicking the code buttons). I not sure it's not a problem my end, but I've attached a screen shot for you to see.

Cheers

Steve

Hi... Thank u so much for this tools... i have a simple question... when can i get the toolkit 0.5??